Anyone ever do a tabletop roleplaying game in SL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2028 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was wondering if anyone has ever run a tabletop roleplaying game, like D&D or Shadowrun, in Second Life. There are dice rolling HUDs and such available, and I think something like this would be fun to try. Also, it would be hilariously meta to RP a character playing a roleplaying game.

Now, something rules heavy like D&D might be a little too complicated to do, especially once you factor in play length and other factors about the hobby. But a really rules light game would be easy to pick up and teach new players, and would focus more on playing SL.

What do you think? Anyone wanna try?

Good idea, but that's not quite what I had in mind. A marketplace search turns up items for cyberpunk themed avatars and sims. What I'm wondering is if people would be interested in actually playing a roleplaying game like Shadowrun inside SL as a recrational activity, not unlike how one might play a video game or listen to music inside the game.

Yes, I have. There actually used to be a group devoted to it, though it was some time ago. They ran a few games, and eventually moved outside of SL, I think.

It can work fairly well. There was a table system made by somebody, but I'm not sure it's around anymore. Now that people have voice, I imagine it would be easier to do. I remember we did GURPs, which adapted pretty well to an online system. I would think Shadowrun and D&D would be much more difficult, since they're so crunchy.

It's good to hear that I'm not the only one that thought of this. I did see some dice rollers (HUD and furniture), and I agree that voice would make this a lot easier to run.

As an aside, I find the image of a person playing a character in a game who is in turn playing a character in a different game to be quite funny. Like those pictures of a TV screen playing a picture of another TV screen.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2028 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.