Login failed

SixofEight Miles

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4795 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

10 answers to this question

Its annoying for sure, usually it happens when an IP gets banned & your computer gets randomly assigned that IP. You would think that if you restarted your compter enough times and got a different IP it would unblock it, but that didn`t work for me. You could try it and see if that works for you. When I spoke to LiveChat, they got a tech to tweak something & then when I restarted my puter it was fine.

With tickets you are at the mercy of the backlog, hopefully they won`t take to long to get to yours.

See http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Why_does_Second_Life_say_%22You_cannot_log_into_Second_Life_from_this_location%22%3F

This error message may also appear as:    Login failed.     Second Life cannot be accessed from this computer.     If you feel this is an error, please contact     support@secondlife.com This generally indicates you have been blocked from the Second Life servers by Linden Lab. These blocks may be automatically placed as the result of:    * Documented cases of fraud    * Use of Second Life by a minor    * Exceptionally flagrant abuse activity Note that these actions may not have occurred on the account you are attempting to log in with!The most common circumstances that result in this message are:    * Someone in your household has committed one of the "bad acts" listed above    * Someone in your household has used a Second Life account belonging to another person, who has committed a "bad act" listed above    * Someone in your household has provided their Second Life account and password to another person, who has committed a "bad act" listed above So what can I do about this message?You can submit a Support ticket via the Support portal. To ensure that Support can best determine what block has been placed and why it was added, be sure to include in the ticket your Second Life account name, as well as any Second Life accounts that log in from that location.How can I make sure I don't get blocked?The most important step is to NEVER give your account information (including password) to anyone else!    * Always keep your credit card secure.    * If there are children in the household, or anyone with access to the computer who you do not trust with your billing information, ensure that the Second Life Remember Password option is not checked -- be sure to always enter your Second Life password manually.    * Make sure that your web browser does not remember your Second Life password, as well.    * Be careful when allowing other people to log onto Second Life from your location.    * Finally, do not provide billing information for accounts that will be used by someone else. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4795 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.