TP from SEARCH

Tonya Debevec

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4794 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When I open the SEARCH window within the game and click on the TP buttpn of a desired location nothing happens. It doesn't work.  This has been happening for ages thru several viewer upgrades and it never seems to rectify itself. I would like to know what is wrong and how to fix it.

I can Tp from my own LMs in my inventory, and from ppl's PICKS, and from LMs in notecards, and from friend invitations but not from the SEARCH window.  This seriously limits my enjoyment of Second Life.

Can anyone help, PLEASE???                    Tonya

16 answers to this question

That's odd, I've never heard of this. Are you using the standard SL viewer? Which version?

Version 2 has an annoyance many have complained about which is the search window closes after you teleport.

But what you're describing is that you can't even click on the link and get to teleport with the search result. That shouldn't happen.

I'm trying to think what this could be about. Packet loss?

I always download the latest SL Viewer (as I did this morning- it is a version 2...something) but that doesn't seem to change my problem. I even go to the trouble of completely removing the old program first before downloading the new one in the hope that the glitch will be eliminated but alas . . it's still there.

I assume this only happens on viewers using the web-search, which would imply that it is something to do with your browser settings & how your browser deals with clicked links & sending popups (if a LM box could be called a popup).

You could try checking that everything works ok on viewers using inworld search such as Phoenix or if you like v2 format, maybe try Kristens, though I`m not sure how search works on that one.

Once you can confirm that the problem is down to browser activity, you need to go through your browser options and see if anything in there stands out as being something that could affect such behaviour.

This is how it goes. I Have the SL browser open in-game. I Type sometning in the search bar at the top R side of the screen and press enter. The search window opens with a list of LMs. I select one and it expands to show more info and 2 buttons - Teleport and Profile. When I click the Teleport button nothing happens. I am not TP'd to that location. Same if I try the Destination Guide, It shows me the options. I select one, it expands but the TP button doesn't work.

Very disappointing and frustrating. Thanks anyhow for your interest and taking the time to respond : )

Tonya Debevec wrote:

This is how it goes. I Have the SL browser open in-game. I Type sometning in the search bar at the top R side of the screen and press enter. The search window opens with a list of LMs. I select one and it expands to show more info and 2 buttons - Teleport and Profile. When I click the Teleport button nothing happens. I am not TP'd to that location. Same if I try the Destination Guide, It shows me the options. I select one, it expands but the TP button doesn't work.

Very disappointing and frustrating. Thanks anyhow for your interest and taking the time to respond : )

Try this, instead of clicking the Teleport button, click the Profile one. That should open the Place Profile from the sidebar I believe, which also has a Teleport button at the bottom of it. Click that one instead & see if that works.

How do u do that with IE.? I cant find anything that looks like that. Internet options is very limited what u can do it seems. At the moment IE is the default browser on my pc,. I tried doing it with Compatibility View (in Tools) but that didn't help.

Tonya Debevec wrote:

How do u do that with IE.? I cant find anything that looks like that. Internet options is very limited what u can do it seems. At the moment IE is the default browser on my pc,. I tried doing it with Compatibility View (in Tools) but that didn't help.

Download Firefox and make it your default browser, see if that makes it work. If it doesn`t you can always just uninstall it again.

EDIT: Before you try that, in Me > Preferences > Setup, do you have JavaScript enabled? If you do ignore this edit :)

Tonya Debevec wrote:

Yes I have Java script enabled and no, the TP function would not work when I tried it using Firefox . Cant imagine what is wrong. No-one else seems to have this problem. Appreciate your help none the less : )

Next thing I would try is to see if you have any other programs running that could be affecting browser behaviour. Disable everything that you have running such as antivirus, anti-spyware, pop-up blockers, ad-munchers, any of those clever little programs for tidying stuff up or helping performance or adding style features etc & may as well try with Firewall off too.

At least if it works you can add them back on one by one and see which one was blocking things.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4794 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.