help with a pop up

Pusssycat Whitesong
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2070 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

OMG I ran across this issue a few months ago.

Cause: A building that a tenant had created was built using mega-prims. Old school Mega-prims. These huge [made by a mistake back in the days when the server didn't allow mega-prims are still in general use] Mega-prims had been resized by using the slice option to half and 1/4 their visual size. This issue was they were only resized visually. In reality they still had their original dimension and when placed near a property line border their now calculated prim weight had more than 1/2 of the prim extending over the neighbors parcel boundary. Better yet, while the build couldn't be moved closer to the property line, we couldn't see the issue either [even with Transparency turned on] until we unlinked the build and examined all the component parts.

Talk about a weird problem!

Check to see that you are not wearing a prim made this way or are rezzing a badly built object.

Get totally naked and use a traditional Shape and avatar clothes dressed only in system layers. Then start walking about a parcel you are allowed to rez in. Put back on your clothing prims one at a time until the offending object is identified..

Note: As the land lady for this store tenant, we had to figure this out when I asked her to move to a new parcel during an Island Rebuild.

3 answers to this question

OMG I ran across this issue a few months ago.

Cause: A building that a tenant had created was built using mega-prims. Old school Mega-prims. These huge [made by a mistake back in the days when the server didn't allow mega-prims are still in general use] Mega-prims had been resized by using the slice option to half and 1/4 their visual size. This issue was they were only resized visually. In reality they still had their original dimension and when placed near a property line border their now calculated prim weight had more than 1/2 of the prim extending over the neighbors parcel boundary. Better yet, while the build couldn't be moved closer to the property line, we couldn't see the issue either [even with Transparency turned on] until we unlinked the build and examined all the component parts.

Talk about a weird problem!

Check to see that you are not wearing a prim made this way or are rezzing a badly built object.

Get totally naked and use a traditional Shape and avatar clothes dressed only in system layers. Then start walking about a parcel you are allowed to rez in. Put back on your clothing prims one at a time until the offending object is identified..

Note: As the land lady for this store tenant, we had to figure this out when I asked her to move to a new parcel during an Island Rebuild.

That particular message happens whenever you are trying to move something where you are not allowed to move it.  It can be very annoying if you know that you are not trying to move anything at all.  The problem is that something you are wearing (or, less likely, something that you rezzed nearby) is trying to do it.  It could be a follower of some kind that you are carrying around with you  (like a pet), maybe a personal security orb of some kind.  You ought to be able to detect scripted objects around you with a beacon (CTRL + Shift + Alt + N).  If it's invisible, type CTRL + Alt + T to give it a red tint so you can see it better. 

HELLO THANK U ALL VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP MY FRIEND ROUTER HELPED ME FINLEY FIX IT IT WAS A FROG OF MINE THAT GLITCHED IN TOO THE REGION NEXT DOOR I FELTED SOO SILLY I LAUGHED SOO HARD I WAS CRYING I KNEW THAT FROG WOULD BE A PAIN IN MY BUT HEHEH THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP THOUGH HOPE IF ANY ONE ELSE HAS THIS HAPPEN THEY SEE THIS TOO IT HELP THEM

Archived