Sign in to follow this  
Drongle McMahon

Losing place when auto-logged-out

I am getting slightly aggravated by the short timeout of a forum login session and, more, by the fact that logging back in takes you to the main Blog and not back to where you were. If logging in could be made to leave you where you were, then the logging out would not be a problem. Does anyone else think this is a problem?

I have the page that I usually like displayed bookmarked & after a timeout I just click that...Takes me right back there.

The timeouts are mildly irritating but at least we don`t have to actually sign back in so they aren`t bugging me too much...Well not yet at least :D

/me is also rather irritated by this site ignoring the "Remember me on this computer" pref and redirecting to the wrong page after yet another re-login. :smileymad:

The only parts of the SL web which really do need to force s re-login if someone has previously ticked the box to remember the login are LindeX and account admin/security pages (those pages already do that just fine).  If people are stupid enough to tick the "Remember me" option on some public machine, frankly they deserve to have their account's reputation trashed and/or get banned.  Let the rest of us that have a clue about these things have our preferences respected, please!

:smileymad: