Shopping vs creating

Suspiria Finucane

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Shopping is one of the most favorite pastimes in SL. I have many friends who are shop-a-holics and buy new outfits/shoes/skins/hair weekly if not daily. I used to be one of those people back in 2006/2007.

Now I create 99% of everything I wear.

Do you shop for or create what you adorn your avatar with?

Created Suspiria

RT.PNG

Store bought Suspiria circa 2006/7  (exept the boots)

Vintage 2007.PNG

I never cared much for fashion or clothing in SL or RL.

I've started wearing vintage 1940s clothing in RL a few years ago and run a 1920s sim in SL.

So I did some shopping to get my avatar to look like me and that was it.

Hate shopping.

I love creating, but not clothes.

shopping > creating lol! :P i'd love to be able to create like that though. it would save me kaboodles of L$! >.< i've been mix and matching here and there but honestly, the effort (i think it would take) outweighs me just charging another x-amount of L$ to my card for a quick purchase. while shopping here IS addictive <.< i can still treat myself to a whole new wardrobe for the price of one pair of shoes in the RL!!! (that's how i kind of justify the shopping binges here at least :P )

I made most of my clothes, it was a creative challenge that drove me.  I have a few acquired items, e.g. jeans - the freebie ones I have do fine, so there was no point in going through the proceess of photographing some of my RL ordinary blue jeans and then trying to fit the image to the clothes templates, as they'd be no better than the freebies.  

I made my own boots which are part painted, part prim - they work fine for me but I don't sell them as other people might have problems getting the prim parts to fit them properly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.