Are you for real?

Suspiria Finucane

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3661 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My main looks as much like me as possible, except she's younger. My alt, who is totally anonymous and never heard from, is as opposite from me as I could make her, except for gender. I can't hide who I am, so I suspect both of them act and talk like the RL me.

Occasionally I slip into a non-human AV but usually it's temporary. In general, Paladin is me in all respects.

Not even close. :smileyvery-happy:

However, you could say that sometimes what is on the screen reflects the way one feels inside. The beauty of SL is I can reflect how I am feeling in RL through my AV. Feeling Evil?, I'm in demon form. Feeling free, hop on my motorcycle and take a ride. Etc..

It's why I find most intruiging and captivating about SL. Anything to anyone, anywhere....(think I just got myself a new Signature.)

My av is usually a (relatively) realistic human being in form. She does not resemble me apart from being about the same height. I have made avs that resemble the RL me, but I've never been satisfied with them, possibly because I'm not all that happy with my RL body. Why put up with what you can change?

How I behave is far closer to my real personality. Shorn of some of the shyness and social conventions, yes, but certainly me. I think my close friends would pick me out of a crowd given a chance to interact.

I rarely roleplay in SL, neither do I act out RL necessities like personal hygiene, eating or sleeping. I don't have a house, just a large garden on a sky platform and a space to build. I crash my camera into walls in the largest of buildings, and the weather in SL is always good enough to be outdoors.

Am I for real? I'm real enough for unreality.

My AV is pure fantasy........the only things we have in common physically are we both have black hair and brown eyes and cleavage :robottongue:

I do everything in SL that I cant do in RL, I build mainly. I mean its not like I can just start laying bricks in RL lol....although I do have some interest in interior design RL.

I personally think mundane things should stay out of SL as we have enough in RL.

Saying that, I do build bathrooms and flushable toilets and even kitchens with eating animations but I just think there is demand for it so I will build what people want :robotwink:

Cait

Looks wise: god I wish lol the only thing similar is we both have blue eyes. Personality wise, I can only be me. Even when rp'ing, although the situation might be rp, all the emotions, actions are how I'm feeling at the time. But if I could look like Jaz real time..i'd strip off and walk everywhere naked goddamit..

JAZ4_001.jpg

My avatar doesn't look like my RL self. It's not even human (it's an elf/neko hybrid). In RL I'm disabled and I've chosen to not portray that in my avatar. But my avatar is also not a roleplaying character either. At least personality-wise, it's just the way I am.

Derek Torvalar wrote:

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

XiuLan Quan wrote:

Great and refreshing topic Sassy!

My avatar exudes my personality and I suppose looks somewhat like my younger self (with the exception of the little bit of Asian characteristics I imbue her with).

Thanks, anonymous negative abusers can never outshine the power of positivity. 

cheers.gif

Excuse me?

Are you suggesting that people by virtue of their philosophical outlook are genetically inferior or deficiently developed?

You're excused.

Your assumptions are not relative to my statements and therefore have nothing to do with suggestions.

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

Thanks, anonymous negative abusers can never outshine the power of positivity. *Edited out harassment*

cheers.gif

‘Negativitis’ cripples the human spirit"

http://www.personal-development.com/chuck/negativethinking.htm

13. Additionally, negative people not only harm themselves; they harm the world. They cease to make a contribution to it. Instead of helping, they spread gloom and misery everywhere. If they insist on infecting others, why not infect them with laughter? If they must carry something contagious, why not carry a smile?

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

Derek Torvalar wrote:

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

XiuLan Quan wrote:

Great and refreshing topic Sassy!

My avatar exudes my personality and I suppose looks somewhat like my younger self (with the exception of the little bit of Asian characteristics I imbue her with).

Thanks, anonymous negative abusers can never outshine the power of positivity. 

cheers.gif

Excuse me?

Are you suggesting that people by virtue of their philosophical outlook are genetically inferior or deficiently developed?

You're excused.

Your assumptions are not relative to my statements and therefore have nothing to do with suggestions.

I am going to infer you are speaking only about my question as that is all you deigned to quote, so I will confine my answer in regards to that alone.

The only assumption I make in the question is that "philosophical outlook"  is genetic. My assumption followed from your statement that was highlighted in red in your post where you said that, I paraphrase, negative people try to drag others "down" to their end of the gene pool.

I am asking you clarify this statement you made. Do you believe a person's belief system is the result of their genetic makeup? Or, is their belief system a product of their environment and conditioning? Or, is it a choice freely made?

Secondly, is that slur not a negative, bigoted statement that exposes your prejudiced and discrminatory attitudes and beliefs?

Your attitude of intolerance for anyone not considered to be optimistic or positive by your standards is that they are to be treated as pariahs and ridiculed. You do not present an attitude of inclusiveness for all despite your cliams, and that is transparent for all to see.

Tolerance and acceptance are two sides of the coin, and your purse is empty.

sp

• Lindens

Rhonda Huntress wrote:

Clonefighter wrote:

Im pretty new, so I havent really developed a look for my avatar yet, though currently, its not me at all.

Clone!  Welcome to Charlie Foxtrot ... umm, I mean the new forums!   
:)

As you can see,  a lot of picking an avatar is deciding what you want to been seen as.  Even if you pick a straight up human you still have to choose size, style, ethnicity or even gender.  And then there are people like Torley that refuse to choose!

If you need help, ideas, being pointed in the right direction or even just want to know if something is possible, feel free to ask.

Actually, please ask.  We love to help.  And it can keep you following a money pit that some roleplay resources can be.

It's like ice cream/gelatto for me: if offered the option, why not try all the flavors? :D (Which relates to your signature. I must be a pretty extreme monk, then.)

Although I gravitate more towards some forms than others — and pink and green (initially, full-on neon but I've been experimenting with subtle palettes) is almost always a constant.

Torley Linden wrote:

It's like ice cream/gelatto for me: if offered the option, why not try all the flavors?
:D
(Which relates to your signature. I must be a pretty extreme monk, then.)

Although I gravitate more towards some forms than others — and pink and green (initially, full-on neon but I've been experimenting with subtle palettes) is almost always a constant.

Woohoo the man of a thousand watermelons!

clapping.gif

She's me, but freer.  The things she gets to experience are things i mostly can't, and she has a much better wardrobe.  Given that there are so many fun things she can do here, i really don't see the point in sitting her on the loo every couple of hours or have her pretend to cook a meal, etc.  :smileyvery-happy:

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

Thanks, anonymous negative abusers can never outshine the power of positivity. *Edited out harassment*

cheers.gif

‘Negativitis’ cripples the human spirit"

13. Additionally, negative people not only harm themselves; they harm the world. They cease to make a contribution to it. Instead of helping, they spread gloom and misery everywhere. If they insist on infecting others, why not infect them with laughter? If they must carry something contagious, why not carry a smile?

Interesting.

Let's try something here.

13. Additionally, people with brown eyes not only harm themselves; they harm the world. They cease to make a contribution to it. Instead of helping, they spread gloom and misery everywhere. If they insist on infecting others, why not infect them with our attitudes? If they must carry something contagious, why not carry our cantagion?

Feel free to substitute any body part, religious faith, political affiliation, or philosophical belief into that statement and see if you stll feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

PS Also from your link.

5. One characteristic of positive thinkers is their need to have the world behave according to their wishes. They have never grown up and still live with childish demands. Whenever people and the world fail to act according to their selfish wishes, they are unhappy. Such a poisonous attitude prevents them from growing and learning how to cope with life's challenges.

sp

• 1 month later...

Hey! We are two students who are interested in researching on what grounds people on Second Life choose their avatars. We would very much appreciate if anyone would be willing to answer us some questions for our project! We would like to talk to you in Second Life or on Skype? Please reply to this message if you would like to help us!

Both, really. I have many different avatars, although I usually default back to a regular guy with facial features close to the RL me, but otherwise nicer looking. Personality-wise it's all me regardless of avatar appearance, I don't have the patience for roleplay.

• 2 years later...

While I have to say playing as a furry, animal, mythical creature, or whatever you may want to be in your SL I mainly choose to have sort have a potrayl of myself of how I'd want to look in real life whether it be a slimmer body, longer hair, pretty facial features and so forth. While I do embrace how I am, I just think having a human female avatar who represents me or is an extension of myself is wonderful.

tumblr_n2g0mgzHM81s9w0bxo1_1280.png

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3661 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.