The eyes thread!

Venus Petrov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4244 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hehe yes. I can get obsessed when I want a certain look. Like many others, I used Miriel eyes for a long time. Then it was Poetic Colors.

But, to get a heterochromia effect, I had to find prim eyes. These are from Curio - "Tragic eyes" in 2 colors. They come in several sizes, prim eyes and the usual system eyes. And with and without shine. I think I picked small, since my eye openings are small.

Then I had to make a "no eyes" alpha layer mask, because it is really different to edit prim eyes over the system eyes. The system eyes have to go, totally. I just clicked my avatar and selected "new alpha layer" and ticked the box under "Eyes". So simple, no need to buy textures for alphas.

I made this picture some months ago, and later I messed up because I selected the eye instead of lashes when I should edit them. I had already lost interest in this experiment with two-colored eyes, so the folders sit there unopened until I find time to edit that eye back...5349778953_16a8cc1c2d_o.jpg.

Nuuna Nitely wrote:

I have two addictions in SL: Hair and eyes.
:D

Simple.jpg

These are from Negapoisi. She makes very cheap and awesome eyes.
:)

Eyes?  I didn't see any............oh, looks up.

Yes beautiful.........

Gads, I need to stop staring before I embarrass myself.

Yes, one of the most beautiful pair of, um, what were we talking about?

Looks up at the thread topic.

Oh, eyes!

Yes what a lovely set of eyes

Whew.

/me keeps repeating to myself, "I must not stare, I must not stare, I must not stare...."

Now I have a new addiction in SL.  Must remember to turn off 'show look at'

Eyes_002.jpg

My eyes are by Simtropia. These are medium brown.  I do not think they are any longer in business in SL. (Someone correct me if I am wrong)

They had an awesome selection of eyes.

i must not stare.  i must not stare.    i must not stare.  i must not stare........

@ Marianne : Your look is incredible! I love it!

How do you get your eyelashes to fit so well? Does your skin feature some sort of minimal eyelid/eyelash coloring like mine does that is difficult to completely cover with prim lashes? It seems like no matter how hard I try or how long I sit there with the editing tools I can't make them look like they're not glued on and too big/wide/long.

I've seen autosizing lashes too. Are they worth it at all?

Venus Petrov wrote:

I wore prim lashes for quite awhile until I found tattoo layer lashes.  I wear Mozz lashes now and I am happy to be rid of that exercise of fitting the prim lashes.

Mozz? I'll have to remember that!

So then, tattoo layer lashes will cover up the - actually let me ask this first. Is there an eyelash thing that is part of the shape? My shape was custom ordered and isn't mod. If I'd known then what I know now I probably would have tried to get the eyelashes "disappeared", so I could add my own later, because now under (or intertwined) with the prim lashes I can see a very faint outline of lashes that look like they're supposed to be hidden or invisible but they're not.

They flutter with the prim lashes and make the whole thing look sloppy.

Do tattoo lashes dispense with this? Is there any way to make those phantom lashes not go away mad but just go away?

Kascha Matova wrote:

Venus Petrov wrote:

I wore prim lashes for quite awhile until I found tattoo layer lashes.  I wear Mozz lashes now and I am happy to be rid of that exercise of fitting the prim lashes.

So then, tattoo layer lashes will cover up the - actually let me ask this first. Is there an eyelash thing that is part of the shape? My shape was custom ordered and isn't mod. If I'd known then what I know now I probably would have tried to get the eyelashes "disappeared", so I could add my own later, because now under (or intertwined) with the prim lashes I can see a very faint outline of lashes that look like they're supposed to be hidden or invisible but they're not.

Do tattoo lashes dispense with this? Is there any way to make those phantom lashes not go away mad but just go away?

Since your skin is custom ordered, you could have asked for zero lashes.  If you go into Edit Appearence, Shape > Eyes > Eyelash length should be set to zero.  That will not make them disappear entirely, but they will be very tiny.  I have noticed the tatt lashes are a much 'cleaner' appearance and you do not need to worry about your lashes rezzing slowly in a busy environment (and, thus, having that ugly blotch over your eyes).  

Venus Petrov wrote:

Kascha Matova wrote:

Venus Petrov wrote:

Since your skin is custom ordered, you could have asked for zero lashes.  If you go into Edit Appearence, Shape > Eyes > Eyelash length should be set to zero.  That will not make them disappear entirely, but they will be very tiny.  I have noticed the tatt lashes are a much 'cleaner' appearance and you do not need to worry about your lashes rezzing slowly in a busy environment (and, thus, having that ugly blotch over your eyes).  

Went to the store! Got Mozz lashes!

I LOVE YOUUUUUUU!!!!!!

Two sets!!! :womanvery-happy:

matrix doors.jpg

Seraphiel Galaxy wrote:

I've only just found this thread......I'm still having trouble finding my way around this place....so many corridors....sooo many rooms!! I need a map and compass :smileytongue:

Welcome to the Matrix

Perrie Juran wrote:

matrix doors.jpg

Seraphiel Galaxy wrote:

I've only just found this thread......I'm still having trouble finding my way around this place....so many corridors....sooo many rooms!! I need a map and compass :smileytongue:

Welcome to the Matrix

Thanks Perrie....I think I know where I'm going wrong now......I keep going straight on at the roundabout instead of taking the 2nd left.....no wait.....was it 1st .......

/me retraces steps

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4244 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.