The eyes thread!

Venus Petrov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4245 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It is said that 'eyes are the window to the soul'.  Selecting your avatar eyes can be one of the most important purchses or finds in creating your avatar.  I tried on many many eyes before finding one that I have worn for a few years now.  While I sometimes switch up with another pair, these are the eyes that I have had for most of my SL.

venus eyes MADesigns.jpg

Show us the window to your virtual soul!  Let's see your eyes!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I change my eyes infrequently, but they all come from Poetic Color.  That way, even if the color changes, they still have the same look.  Currently I am wearing brown eyes.

110305_002a.jpg

The eyes I look at most often change as often as she changes clothes. These were last night, after a Mardi Gras party (we had to bail on the party because of frequent crashes from us both)

110307_002a.jpg

I spent a great deal of time selecting eyes as well.  When I found Miriel's (four years ago), I was ecstatic. They were realistic, with a touch of something special.  I have several of her colour schemes, but stick with this one unless I'm fox or vampire.  My human vampire self also has Miriel's red hued eyes.  Sadly, she is retired, but I'm happy to have what I do.

Human eyes Miriel HKPink_006.png

Ian Undercroft wrote:

I've always tended to think blue/green works best in SL. 

Undercroft42.jpg

Wow. Your eyes are very close to the color of my real eyes, which I normally call dishwater (or swampwater, if I'm trying to impress) blue. Mine are a little bluer (I just looked--with a mirror, talk about vanity) but I'd really like to know where you got those eyes.

I change a lot. Right now it's Moroccan Nights from Poetic Colors. They were free. 

Going to be lazy and re post this pic from another thread. But you can see the face. I have other favorite eyes too but I always find them again by accident. My inventory is kind of messy :smileyvery-happy:

Clarissa Av Face Trans Bk.png

My eyes are Eye Candi - Reflections II in Violet.  Purple is my favorite color... so I from day one I've had some sort of purple eyes.... but have settled on these for the past year or so.  I only change my eye color when I change my complete avatar for an event or whatnot!

eyes_001.jpg

Venus Petrov wrote:

When I discovered purple eyes I was like 'OMG..PURPLE?!?!?'  however, on some avatars it looks great.  Yours is one.

Thank you Venus...  I agree that some of the purple ones are just a bit much, it's why I like the violet ones a little better.  :smileytongue:

Venus Petrov wrote:

Great eyes, Elric!  Eyes and the shape of the mouth bring 'expression' to our pixel faces.  I like the hint of a smile on your face.

Thank you.  It's interesting that you point out the smile/mouth as well.  I can't tell you how long I worked on that!  /me chuckles. 

And this is a wonderful thread -- I'm really enjoying having a closer look on the eyes everyone chooses for themselves, and just how well-suited they are to people's images and personalities.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4245 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.