Forum Friends

Suspiria Finucane

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4779 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

Do you make friends on the forums or do you only make friends in-world?

I know I've met many people on the forums and are now close friends with quite a few of them. It has even gone further now with all my new friends on twitter. Isn't networking fantabulous?

I guess both. I've made friends inworld because of talking on the forums. and there are people I know, like yourself, whom I have never spoken to inworld but talk one to one with on Twitter or other forum boards.

I'll just add Suspiria, that I'm generally open to a friend request if it pops up on my screen unless I've never had contact with someone before. Random friend requests really annoy me.

*huggs*

Mondy (will get round to making an avatar pic one day)

Monderas Bristol wrote:

I'll just add Suspiria, that I'm generally open to a friend request if it pops up on my screen unless I've never had contact with someone before. Random friend requests really annoy me.

*huggs*

Mondy (will get round to making an avatar pic one day)

I'm with you on this one. If I have a good conversation with someone or see the potential of a friendship, I accept or offer friendship in-world. 

Random friend requests are ignored. Requests for teh secks are muted. :smileyvery-happy:

I have a few friends that I have met via the forums and a few more I'd like to share a friendship with inworld. Most of my friends inworld I have known almost since I started SL.  I keep my list very small because I don't like having a whole bunch of people hanging out on a list that I never interact with.

I used to twitter and Plurk, but since I decided to focus on my education and obtaining a doctorate...I have scaled down quite a bit and only use SL.  I like being able to log in and explore, chat with friends and relax from my sometimes full, hectic schedule.  Participating in the forums is a great way for me to take little breaks while I am reading, reaserching and writing papers.

~X~

I am friendly with quite a few people inworld, and friendly with some here now too - which is great. Real friends I find come to rl and that's where they become real friends - however the friendship starts for it to be 'real' I guess it ultimately has to be real. That is not to say that some sl friends haven't been great fun, supportive and very engaging. It's just different I guess.

Both; more inworld but definitely my beloved forum buddies that I found here, and then friended inworld.  Having attended SLCC in 2009, I met some in RL there, and some others of us have taken it to RL when we met when they were visiting the city I live in.  My 'forum friends' are more to me than 'forum friends', I just happened to meet them here, first.

XiuLan Quan wrote:

I have a few friends that I have met via the forums and a few more I'd like to share a friendship with inworld. Most of my friends inworld I have known almost since I started SL.  I keep my list very small because I don't like having a whole bunch of people hanging out on a list that I never interact with.

Now it seems I do make friends on the forums... /hugs Xiu!

AnimeEmoLoveFixed.png

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

Do you make friends on the forums or do you only make friends in-world?

That's really interesting, given my life of late. I was in SL for quite a long time before ever spending much time reading or responding to the forums. I remember a post in which someone commented on all the friends he (or she, can't remember who it was) had made on the forums and I thought "Really?". It just seemed odd to me. I had made friends with people I'd spent time with and shared interests with. In person. Naturally once I spent more time in the forums I realized that same thing happens here. And lately I've made several friends that I met on the forums. Including one who I've yet to actually meet inworld, even!

There are more people that I've 'met' on the forums that are not in my friends list yet, but I bet will be sometime.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4779 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.