Jump to content
  • 0
LoveAshley89

Zooby baby OR Funsie baby??

Question

  • 0

We aren't supposed to make product recommendations here in the Answers forum.  You'd better ask your question over in the discussion forums!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

We aren't supposed to make product recommendations here in the Answers forum.  You'd better ask your question over in the discussion forums!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I too would recommend Zooby as I also am a parent of both. The clothier kit also got me. Paid for it realized it didn't have the scripts in it to make the clothing, just some textures and a whole list of requirements you had to meet in order for the creator to personally hand pick whom she wanted as a clothier. I ask for my money back as Gaultry Blackburn said above it was very misleading and cost 5000L. I was blattonly told there are no refunds at funsies hun. So ultimately after conforming to all the rules to get approved and was still denied the downloader, I made a complaint to Linden Labs and was banned from funsies. Now with two children I had purchased from their store and was told I should have thought about my "attitude" before by the creator, it is not her problem. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 1/15/2017 at 12:10 PM, LadyRijna said:

I too would recommend Zooby as I also am a parent of both. The clothier kit also got me. Paid for it realized it didn't have the scripts in it to make the clothing, just some textures and a whole list of requirements you had to meet in order for the creator to personally hand pick whom she wanted as a clothier. I ask for my money back as Gaultry Blackburn said above it was very misleading and cost 5000L. I was blattonly told there are no refunds at funsies hun. So ultimately after conforming to all the rules to get approved and was still denied the downloader, I made a complaint to Linden Labs and was banned from funsies. Now with two children I had purchased from their store and was told I should have thought about my "attitude" before by the creator, it is not her problem. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.

Banning seems to be the way with Funsie. I also care for two Funsie though not the "owner" since it only seems right that the "mother" should be. In my case Funsie was asked  if a skin change could be made to one of the children. The owner was told they could for $2000 L. So the funsie child was given to them for the change and when child was returned it was not the same size. When asked what issue was she was told it is correct size for her age. When shown the other child who was 8 months younger but larger in size I was told that he was stretched. NO he was not touched and then was told that sometimes when handling and SL is laggy they may get stretched. I find this preposterous! After complaining that the first child should be made to size when given was then told that if I thought we would get a re-size for FREE then NO way. After much banter I was finally banned from Funsie land and group.Trust me these people are only in it for the money. Avoid at all costs because troubles can onyl be resolved by such methods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 4/23/2018 at 10:04 AM, Wallace Wirefly said:

Banning seems to be the way with Funsie. I also care for two Funsie though not the "owner" since it only seems right that the "mother" should be. In my case Funsie was asked  if a skin change could be made to one of the children. The owner was told they could for $2000 L. So the funsie child was given to them for the change and when child was returned it was not the same size. When asked what issue was she was told it is correct size for her age. When shown the other child who was 8 months younger but larger in size I was told that he was stretched. NO he was not touched and then was told that sometimes when handling and SL is laggy they may get stretched. I find this preposterous! After complaining that the first child should be made to size when given was then told that if I thought we would get a re-size for FREE then NO way. After much banter I was finally banned from Funsie land and group.Trust me these people are only in it for the money. Avoid at all costs because troubles can onyl be resolved by such methods.

Changing the child was something we offered out of courtesy, it's not something which we normally do.  You became abusive and rude.  I was explaining why the child would seem smaller after redelivery.  I'll reitterate:  FUNSIES children are modifiable and therefore can be "stretched", either by choice or mistake.  Your child was within the normal ranges for that age.  The children do not all grow the exact same heights, but it is within a normal range just like real life children.

We could easily stretch the child out to a desired size, as I mentioned, and it takes seconds and there is no fee.  However, as I also explained, doing this could affect how the child uses the toys - they may be too large and so on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 2/2/2020 at 6:32 PM, Jewel Rajal said:

seems like im not the only one that experienced bad customer service with funsies. I bought a baby from them and then 1st life got busy so i was off second life for 2 months. During my time off, there was a huge update for the babies. You had to manually send it to the creator so she can update it. My baby was buggy and since I wasn't around for the update, I was told they weren't going to dig deep into the files to do the update for me...so I've got a broken baby I paid a lot for... That's my experience with Funsies. 

I do apologize but before we'd created our system back in 2013, yes, I had to manually update each child.  I provided this service for free as well and it took a lot of time.  All you'd have to do to update your child is redeliver him/her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 7/22/2015 at 8:49 AM, Gaultry Blackburn said:

Personally I would say Zooby. While funsies are cool because they will always grow, there are a lot less items available for the child to customze them like clothes and such. With zooby not only are there a lot more affiliate stores, but you can also get clothing creation kits if you can build in order to make clothes for your own baby, while with funsies you can only use the clothing creation kit commercially and not personally which it does not say on the sign in the store so is a bit misleading. Also as I've had both I can assure you that my experience with customer service was a lot better with Zooby. Hope this helps.

We actually offer over 50,000 items to include many toys, and over 50 clothiers with over 20,000 clothing options.

You are correct that you cannot create your own clothing for hud usage, but FUNSIES are modable and those creative-type parents will modify their child as they like to include clothing.

FUNSIES are the only ones that truly learn, grow and age.  We have patents on them and more filed.  We work hard to provide the best customer support.

Also, contrary to what is here, neither of those claiming to banned are banned from FUNSIES. There's a difference between muting them from group chat and not allowing them on our sims.  Linden Labs is welcome to verify my statements.

FUNSIES has been providing the best children in Second Life since 2007.  We create new things weekly and are also releasing our adorable animesh FUNSIES soon.

If you have any questions or need service, feel free to message me directly: Rebekah Recreant

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
46 minutes ago, Rebekah Recreant said:

We ...

 

if replying to 5 yr old posts is your customerservice ...not strange people complain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

if replying to 5 yr old posts is your customerservice ...not strange people complain.

Hello Alwin!  Boy that sure would be awful haha!  I was just made aware of this post today and replied immediately.  :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, Rebekah Recreant said:

All you'd have to do to update your child is redeliver him/her.

I used to threaten my RL kids with this when they misbehaved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • -1

Personally I would say Zooby. While funsies are cool because they will always grow, there are a lot less items available for the child to customze them like clothes and such. With zooby not only are there a lot more affiliate stores, but you can also get clothing creation kits if you can build in order to make clothes for your own baby, while with funsies you can only use the clothing creation kit commercially and not personally which it does not say on the sign in the store so is a bit misleading. Also as I've had both I can assure you that my experience with customer service was a lot better with Zooby. Hope this helps.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • -1
On 1/15/2017 at 10:10 AM, LadyRijna said:

I too would recommend Zooby as I also am a parent of both. The clothier kit also got me. Paid for it realized it didn't have the scripts in it to make the clothing, just some textures and a whole list of requirements you had to meet in order for the creator to personally hand pick whom she wanted as a clothier. I ask for my money back as Gaultry Blackburn said above it was very misleading and cost 5000L. I was blattonly told there are no refunds at funsies hun. So ultimately after conforming to all the rules to get approved and was still denied the downloader, I made a complaint to Linden Labs and was banned from funsies. Now with two children I had purchased from their store and was told I should have thought about my "attitude" before by the creator, it is not her problem. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.

These are false accusations.  Anyone who knows about creating clothing for FUNSIES knows that the only thing we do not approve are items which are adult in nature or copyrighted.  You berated all of my staff as well as other parents.  

Secondly,  you were chat banned for things I won't mention here, but LL also agreed with me - as you know.

Edited by Rebekah Recreant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • -1

Yeah this is def an old thread - but when google searching various SL babies, this thread came up. I have K-Mae (both legacy and animesh) Suki, Funsies and Zoobies. I actually adopted out my Zoobies so that I could get them in Funsies form instead because Funsies had way more toys and accessories available and these weren't dependent on keeping stats up. Some toys at funsies are age related (and all you need to do for that is allow them to age) and some are intelligence related. I found funsies very cost effective. There is a simple lunchbox that raises all stats and is well priced, and the intellistars are not expensive. They are more immersive,  learn different things at different times, and seem to have very cool personalities (my 6 year old is SO clingy, but the twins are not) Zoobies were cute but felt so limited in what you could actually get for them. Could only get them hair at a certain point and only certain toys IF you had coupons for keeping their stats up etc. And now of course the legacy Zoobies are no longer even being sold because of the animesh. Funsies at least still offers both - and this is good because some people really enjoy a baby that grows. Suki is really easy to care for also, but all the babies look the same cept different skin tones, and new borns can do the same as a toddler so not very realistic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • -2

seems like im not the only one that experienced bad customer service with funsies. I bought a baby from them and then 1st life got busy so i was off second life for 2 months. During my time off, there was a huge update for the babies. You had to manually send it to the creator so she can update it. My baby was buggy and since I wasn't around for the update, I was told they weren't going to dig deep into the files to do the update for me...so I've got a broken baby I paid a lot for... That's my experience with Funsies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...