Is LlazarusLlong Wrong?

Sassy Romano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3338 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Darrius Gothly wrote:

Richtea57 wrote:

I know this is ever so slightly off topic; I've got this pair of socks...... 

Run them through the laundry. Chances are good that your overabundance issue will be resolved. *wink*

Tiz our own folly that we have forgotten that socks once never came in pairs. They were completely free range. They were always individuals each and every one. The notion of conformity that took hold of polite society in ancient times created forces that washed away this truth in the sanitation of all dissent. Lo and behold socks in their own time and space.

Socks.jpg

Anyone can google answers. If people are asking questions in general discussion, they are probably less interested in getting a quick and accurate answer than they are in getting to know people.

If someone asks an obvious question, like "do you think it's going to rain?" or "is Second Life laggy today?" most likely they are not interested in the answer. They think you might be fun to chat with, so they gave you an easy opportunity to show it.  If you whack them over the head with your umbrella and tell them to google it, you missed the point. However, they found out what they wanted to know and they probably won't be back.

I never have a problem with matching socks. I own about twenty pairs of black ones.

Those combinatorial mathematics questions which started "You have ten blue socks, 15 red ones and five yellow . . . " always confused me, because they alluded to a ridiculous fictitious world of inefficiency.

I mean, when you generally get up for work in winter before the sun has risen, completely hungover, with the bedroom bulb blown, why on earth would you fill your drawers with rainbow coloured socks which will make you look like an idiot, even if you accidentally (p<0.05) managed to select two the same.

And black ones don't show the dirt, so can be worn until they have to be thrown away.

Charlotte Holmeforth wrote:

Anyone can google answers. If people are asking questions in general discussion, they are probably less interested in getting a quick and accurate answer than they are in getting to know people.

If someone asks an obvious question, like "do you think it's going to rain?" or "is Second Life laggy today?" most likely they are not interested in the answer. They think you might be fun to chat with, so they gave you an easy opportunity to show it.  If you whack them over the head with your umbrella and tell them to google it, you missed the point. However, they found out what they wanted to know and they probably won't be back. 

If they aren't capable of formulating an interesting original question for discussion - which invites opinion, not a factual response - then I, for one, would be more than happy if they don't return.

Hoshi Kenin wrote:

He is nether wrong nor right.  

What he is, is a succcessful attention seeking forumite.

FIFY!

[That's in comparison with the great majority of forumites, who are, by definition, all seeking attention, but generally failing.]

[sorry, what did you say  your name was?]

Hoshi Kenin wrote:

As yet, though, he don't have over 3000 posts to this realm of the undead.

I have always believed in quality over quantity.

Hence my general aversion to prolixity

Aislin Ceawlin wrote:

Reminds me of my
efficient
Aunt who NEVER washed my Uncles socks (also all black), she simply threw them away and bought new ones! She did the same with the sheets. :matte-motes-bored:

FIFY!

[Oooh, black sheets!]

[Mine are fifty shades of grey.]

[As an aside, did you hear about the advertising slogan of the horsefeed merchant with a wide range of product? "Fifty grades of hay!"]

Llazarus, you most definitely have the right idea! If you can afford to do it, why not? Then again, she also bought the exact same number of green beans for each person at dinner....and when she learned that I love broccoli, she served it to me every night at dinner for an entire summer that I spent with her...lol! (She was wonderful)!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3338 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.