Since my most recent upgrades, I cannot view profiles

Nia Yardley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4761 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

I have the same problem after install the last version of SL viewer.  I tried the suggestion below viewing my profile straight to MS Internet explorer.  Still not working.  I click the SL Logo at the vertical menu (first button) then open a blank window in the place with the same message "SSL handshake faild".  Had before clear cache, reboot the machine and nothing work.  Also tried use two other different computer. Mine is PC with Windows Vista. Other 2 is PC with Windows XP.  Here is the interesting thing.  The first PC it doesn't work like the Vista PC, but the other PC notebook, my avatar has the same problem but it is OK with my alt avatar!!!

Thank you for any help.  I work at SL as a job.  I need to have all functions working well.  It is important see profiles. 

Nia Yardley wrote:

Since my latest upgrades in viewer 2 and the beta viewer, I cannot view profiles.  I get a large box on the left side of screen with SSL handshake failed.  Why is that?  Is there anything to correct it?

I have a MAC, does that make a difference? I have changed my security setting to accept all cookies, restarted my computer and still get the SSL handshake failed. I also am unable to view Destination guide

Hi Nia,

There were a lot of problems finding a fix for the SSL handshake on Macs. As you have seen from other posts there is a fix for Windows but that doesn`t work on Mac since you don`t use Internet Explorer.

Check this JIRA https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SOCIAL-569 you will see from the last post by Callum Linden that they think it has been resolved in Viewer 2.6. I would suggest that you try that viewer & if the problem is still there, post on that JIRA so that Callum can see it has not been resolved.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4761 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.