The Ladies who Lunch Club

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4555 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Storm Clarence wrote:

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Thank you, nice to meet you as well  
:)

btw, love your work, very creative

Yes there are many creative people in SL.  I will share some emotion with you...I landed on this post because I thought it was safe.  Charolotte i have never had the opportunity to explain to you my sentiments.  In the last few threads I have not been permitted the opportunity to post into you; to answer what you have asked of me.    Your words, of all posters, have stung the hardest - but they are your words, and I will respect them.  I have always respected your words.  

You have assumed too much from some words written on this forum by others.

Hello, Mr. Clarence.

It is with a sad heart that I read that my words have stung you, I thought I had always been nothing but kind and polite to you, and I am honored by the fact that you claim to respect my words. 

I try not to assume, I may misinterpret and I may be overly sensitive and for hurting you I am sorry, it was never my intention.

Mickey Vandeverre wrote:

you invited me to your party...and I passed....

then gave you a list of people to invite, from the newcomer section of the forum

I must have missed the list.  I saw one name you mentioned but didn't realize you were telling me to invite them, I thought you were going to suggest it to them.  Thanks though.

maybe you missed what I was getting at....

will try to be more clear  :)

I was an party/event organizer for a while, so forget that people don't realize all the steps.

anyway....this Club thread is in the Making Friends section of the forum.

maybe you have the thread bookmarked or something and never go to the actual list of new entries every day.

I didn't even remember this section being here!  ran across it last week.  cool section!

there were a bunch of newcomers asking about stuff to do and places to go and people to meet.

would have been really cool if you all could have invited them to this week's party.

particularly since your "Club" thread is right on top of the newcomers thread.

you know what I mean?

Mickey Vandeverre wrote:

I wasn't "telling"....was just making a suggestion.

and following up to see if they were able to make it.

bummer you missed that.  might have been fun for them.

Mickey, you put far too much emphasis onto the technical meaning of words.  Tell when used as a verb can mean communicate, advise, make known, mention, speak, utter, divulge, verbalize.  I meant the word to mean advise.  :)

Cinnamon Mistwood wrote:

Good morning Ladies and gents.  Thanks for hosting the BBQ again, Lillie.  I had fun last night even though I failed at getting that lovely, polite vampire to come down and join us.  Oh well.  I tried. 

I am heading to work now, but I hope everyone else has a wonderful day.

Cinn

Morning Cinn!  Hugs!!  Thank you so much for coming!  You're welcome at my home any time. 
  Maybe he'll come down next time.  Some of them are like little timid forrest creatures.  We have to gently coax them.  Next time he may make it past the tree line. heheh  Have an awesome day at work!

Quinn Morani wrote:

Mickey, I of course can't speak for everyone in the group either, but I've always kind of looked on the group title as a play on stereotypes, since in my experience we're really quite the opposite of the image that such a name evokes. We don't take ourselves seriously in the slightest. We just hang out a lot together in-world, and forming a group was the most logical way to communicate our goings on.

Unfortunately the group name has sort of taken on a life of its own here in the forum, with the consequence that anyone who is a member of the group is saddled with a label. That's something I feel bad about, watching the 'us' v. 'them' stuff that's gone on here. I think Dillon has it right, though, that most of the group members are working on getting better at not contributing to that. And I think
you
have it right to focus your opinions of people based on your individual exchanges with them.

That's kind of the beauty of a forum like this. We can all clash sometimes, but we can also learn a heck of a lot from others when we take the time to communicate, and maybe learn a little about ourselves in the process. I for one am always learning. I'd hate to be a part of any environment where that wasn't possible.

At first, I thought it amusing that the 'name' that was first tossed out by Pep (yes, he, too, has a name) was embraced by a couple of it's members.  I mean that in a positive way.  As time has gone on, it has sounded more and more like an insular group of female avatars (mostly) with a group worldview or slant.  Even a group dress code at times, and I am not talking just about the barrel thing.  As individuals, I am sure that you are, well, individuals.  However, it is unfortunate that some may view the group as a whole though the statements or actions of one or two.

In terms of clashing in the forum, even that is somewhat limited by individual sensitivities.  Perhaps the label has worn itself out.  Just my opinion.

DQ Darwin wrote:

That's a hoot, like a lot things posted I didn't understand it either. God I have even noticed an echo. I have to get the screen checked too I see a double image, Oh well - hugs:P

Remind me to tell you about the book my son bought when he went on vacation with my parents. 
  I will read it some tonight I think. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4555 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.