The Ladies who Lunch Club

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4560 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found it intriguing...the us and them scenario.  and not even clear on who us and them is.

read the history....much of which appears to be missing....and had questions.

spent more than 20 minutes....probably not too wise...but figured the intrigue would surface again at some point.  might as well ask now.  :)

the word "ver*us" is not allowed?  any history on that?  do tell.

"We" don't have an image except for that which is perceived by people who dislike some of us individually and who have a desire to stir the pot"

wouldn't that be an image then?  and if it's plural...."people"....maybe I'm not only one that gets that perception?

if it doesn't matter to you fine...but is seems to matter.

Cinnamon Mistwood wrote:

Lillie Woodells wrote:

Ladies (and assorted non-ladies), come out to the barn for the BBQ around 7pm slt!  Maybe a few songs too
:)

Yay!  Should I bring a side dish?  Maybe a nice fruit salad?  How about I just stop at a brewery and pick up a keg?  I prefer a lovely, flavorful dark beer myself...

Just brining yourself is perfect Cinn!  But if you want to bring a keg, that would be cool too!  :) 

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Thank you, nice to meet you as well  

btw, love your work, very creative

Yes there are many creative people in SL.  I will share some emotion with you...I landed on this post because I thought it was safe.  Charolotte i have never had the opportunity to explain to you my sentiments.  In the last few threads I have not been permitted the opportunity to post into you; to answer what you have asked of me.    Your words, of all posters, have stung the hardest - but they are your words, and I will respect them.  I have always respected your words.  

You have assumed too much from some words written on this forum by others.

Mickey Vandeverre wrote:

"We" don't have an image except for that which is perceived by people who dislike some of us individually and who have a desire to stir the pot"

wouldn't that be an image then?  and if it's plural...."people"....maybe I'm not only one that gets that perception?

I guess I sincerly  do not understand your need to pick apart  simple sentences. 

To put it quite simply.  You (used generally.. so any person singular or plurar) will see what you want to see.  It makes no difference what any of us (again used generally not at any specific person) say or do.  It feels very much as if you are digging for something, but you won't say what it is you're digging for.   Please tell us what you really want to know, it would be easier to answer your questions if we weren't tap dacning.  :)

Once more.. if you want to know for yourself instead of resorting to conjecture, come over to the barn.   This is a heartfelt invitation.  I would love to meet you inworld.  :)

I do understand.  (mostly)

It looks like you're having fun with it....and that's what counts. (as long as ya'll don't gang up on people as a group - and watched that in play - of course, in this thread that would be expected...since it seems to be your club thread)

but I had to study that and ask some pointed questions.

doubt that most would do that.

I do still sense a bit of exclusionary stuff going on from watching others try to participate in other threads.  I don't think that's cool.  one of the reasons I don't care much for this forum and some of the messages it sends.

not trying to be disagreeable (for the most part - have to be at times)....but the message is not all that great.

again....it could just be me.  but sounds like you've had some difficulties before. eta: (not you personally, but the club)

Lillie Woodells wrote:

Mickey Vandeverre wrote:

I guess I sincerly  do not understand your need to pick apart  simple sentences. 

I guess it is the same as you wrote about my posting to your website.  What was fun you considered nasty.  /me laughs!  

If you write at least remember what you write.  

Storm Clarence wrote:

Lillie Woodells wrote:

Mickey Vandeverre wrote:

I guess it is the same as you wrote about my posting to your website.  What was fun you considered nasty.  /me laughs!  

If you write at least remember what you write.  

Storm, I sincerely do not know what you're talking about, unless you mean the barrel thing?  I responded to your comments about the barrels with a humerous barrel thread.  I don't recall saying you were being nasty when posting to my website.  If I'm mistaken I apologize.  

thank you for the invite, but I usually have to work in the evenings.

there is a really nice fellow named tnafreak, who prefers to be called David...in this very same section of the forum who is new to SL.

knowing southern men quite well...bet he would get a kick out of your invitation to mingle with some energetic women tonight.

there is also Digidonna, Elise, Veneta, Adel, tiggermarie, Kelsey and xSarah.

Mickey Vandeverre wrote:

I do understand.  (mostly)

It looks like you're having fun with it....and that's what counts. (as long as ya'll don't gang up on people as a group - and watched that in play - of course, in this thread that would be expected...since it seems to be your club thread)

but I had to study that and ask some pointed questions.

doubt that most would do that.

I do still sense a bit of exclusionary stuff going on from watching others try to participate in other threads.  I don't think that's cool.  one of the reasons I don't care much for this forum and some of the messages it sends.

not trying to be disagreeable (for the most part - have to be at times)....but the message is not all that great.

again....it could just be me.  but sounds like you've had some difficulties before. eta: (not you personally, but the club)

I have not noted any exclusionary stuff going on with this group...except for those who self exclude.  This group would even embrace the 5 headed sockpuppet ;)  

DQ Darwin wrote:

This is pretty much how it started out Katt.(see quotes)

So between Keli and I a star was born. I had started the group after asking a certain person what he meant by "Ladies Who Lunch" and realizing it was quite different from mine (knew that anyway) so I went my way. I had checked the groups found few already using that term, as I explained earlier, there was nothing new or innovative about it.

How we all ended up in the group you are aware of .

That it irritates someone who would like to claim ownership to it's birth doesn't hurt either.

Keli Kyrie wrote:

I have heard some talk about a
Ladies who Lunch Club
and now that the main objector no longer makes a appearance in these forums I thought maybe now would be a good to start the club.

The thought of us getting together over
salad and ice tea
making some people upset is just to tempting to me I love the sound of this club.

Anyone want to join me for lunch?

Sladies_who_lunch-2.jpg

Edit: I want this club to have fun so I am changing the title to SLadies who Lunch.

DQ Darwin wrote:

Hi Keli I actually have started that group a little while ago inworld.

I send you an invite the agenda is the similar...

kattatonia Wickentower wrote:

That's interesting Dil, I didn't know that Keli came up with the name.  I always thought the group was formed in response to an attempt by someone to dis one (or more) of us by lumping us together and calling us ladies who lunch.  As if that meant that our opinions were  not to be treated with respect or courtesy.  Rather than allowing him to dismiss us this way, we embraced the concept, formed the group, started hanging out together and had ourselves a good time.  The afore mentioned someone has regretted his action and wishes he never said the words.

So the afore mentioned someone started the name calling, Keli started the thread, Dee started the group and we all joined and started having fun (all except that afore mentioned someone and yes his name with a tic is a kind of ulcer)

kattatonia Wickentower wrote:

So the afore mentioned someone started the name calling, Keli started the thread, Dee started the group and we all joined and started having fun (all except that afore mentioned someone and yes his name with a tic is a kind of ulcer)

I can't imagine how I missed that at the start. I even read that post but probably, as usual, was skimming through to see if there were any pictures. Shame on me, but then I probably didn't really give a rat's who was name calling. Still don't. But funny that I actually joined a group that was named for something in one of that particular person's little bon mots.

Argus Collingwood wrote:

Assistance needed in this thread 

;-) for the Ladies Who Laugh in the face of a perplexing search;-)

I have no clue on the skirt, unsurprisingly. But in one day you've come up with two more definitions for the acronym. Nice :smileyvery-happy:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4560 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.