The Ladies who Lunch Club

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4559 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mickey Vandeverre wrote:

I don't have a clue Ima.  was just asking.  still seems to be some confusion on whether it's sarcasm, irony, roleplay, or whatever. 

I don't think it is confusing at all. Well that is as long as you have a appreciation for very silly, sarcastic, ironic, and fun loving people. But no not one of us is role playing we are just being our wacky selves. :)

ETA: I don't think you could RP craziness of this level.

Mickey Vandeverre wrote:

I don't have a clue Ima.  was just asking.  still seems to be some confusion on whether it's sarcasm, irony, roleplay, or whatever. 

It's all that and more. It is a group in Second Life composed of mostly females that like to have fun. We have no leader, we have no goals, we don't really lunch and we don't conspire to take over the world. So yes, it is sarcasm, irony, roleplay and whatever.

Now, on a sidenote, we do serve finger sandwiches and champagne, shall I summon you a glass?

This is pretty much how it started out Katt.(see quotes)

So between Keli and I a star was born. I had started the group after asking a certain person what he meant by "Ladies Who Lunch" and realizing it was quite different from mine (knew that anyway) so I went my way. I had checked the groups found few already using that term, as I explained earlier, there was nothing new or innovative about it.

How we all ended up in the group you are aware of .

That it irritates someone who would like to claim ownership to it's birth doesn't hurt either.:)

Keli Kyrie wrote:

I have heard some talk about a
Ladies who Lunch Club
and now that the main objector no longer makes a appearance in these forums I thought maybe now would be a good to start the club.

The thought of us getting together over
salad and ice tea
making some people upset is just to tempting to me I love the sound of this club.

Anyone want to join me for lunch?

Sladies_who_lunch-2.jpg

Edit: I want this club to have fun so I am changing the title to SLadies who Lunch.

DQ Darwin wrote:

Hi Keli I actually have started that group a little while ago inworld.

I send you an invite the agenda is the similar...

:)

kattatonia Wickentower wrote:

That's interesting Dil, I didn't know that Keli came up with the name.  I always thought the group was formed in response to an attempt by someone to dis one (or more) of us by lumping us together and calling us ladies who lunch.  As if that meant that our opinions were  not to be treated with respect or courtesy.  Rather than allowing him to dismiss us this way, we embraced the concept, formed the group, started hanging out together and had ourselves a good time.  The afore mentioned someone has regretted his action and wishes he never said the words.

That's a valid point:)

And a decent comment until the ETA: part was added tsk tsk

Storm Clarence wrote:

DQ Darwin wrote:

OMG was that Hippie that just rocketed through here? Wow that was fast:P

If you had LadySue waiting you would be fast, too.

ETA I RIC'd myself Dee, figured I would save you the trouble.  

Mickey, I am the one confused. You have had at least 4 different people explain to you all day now and still the same question?

It's not that hard, well at least for us.

Would you please just come out and say what it is your really after rather than badgering people who are trying to be decent in response to you, it is tiring.

Storm Clarence wrote:

DQ Darwin wrote:

Hey Storm!  I heard that Irene did not blow you as initially forecast.  Good to see you are still alive and RIC'ing. 

Mickey Vandeverre wrote:

I think it is just 'whatever'.   I mean I belong to the FC, as a Pie Thrower, but I have never thrown a real or digital pie.  It is just a tag/group name. There is no compound or kool aid parties.   I suppose the LWL is considered an offensive bunch of do gooders, but that, by virtue of them accepting me into their group would have to be examined closely as an actual  truth. 

I confess that I am not at all clear on what caused or perpetuates the us verses them scenario....and I did spend a cumulative 20 minutes trying to...but I'm not getting any clear answers on that front. 

Thats not it Ima it's just that we love you - hugs ;)

Ima Rang wrote:

Mickey Vandeverre wrote:

I think it is just 'whatever'.   I mean I belong to the FC, as a Pie Thrower, but I have never thrown a real or digital pie.  It is just a tag/group name. There is no compound or kool aid parties.   I suppose the LWL is considered an offensive bunch of do gooders, but that, by virtue of them accepting me into their group would have to be examined closely as an actual  truth. 

I confess that I am not at all clear on what caused or perpetuates the us verses them scenario....and I did spend a cumulative 20 minutes trying to...but I'm not getting any clear answers on that front. 

DQ Darwin wrote:

Thats not it Ima it's just that we love you - hugs
;)

Ima Rang wrote:

Mickey Vandeverre wrote:

Troll luvvah! 

Surely you have heard that I am to be feared, I'm despicable, vile and all that other stuff???

Ima Rang wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

DQ Darwin wrote:

Hey Storm!  I heard that Irene did not blow you as initially forecast.  Good to see you are still alive and RIC'ing. 

Good to see you still standing and peeing. 

Storm Clarence wrote:

Ima Rang wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

DQ Darwin wrote:

Good to see you still standing and peeing. 

Guffaw!  Don't be silly!  I sit and pee just like you!   

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4559 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.