The Ladies who Lunch Club

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4559 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Storm Clarence wrote:

Raul Rehnquist wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

This is great - in one thread you moved the entire SLO Forum to this MakeFriends sub-forum.

You don't have to be jealous. Pull up your big girl panties don a dress,wig and some makeup. I'm sure they will let you join them.
1laugh.gif

It was more 'Carpe Diem'.  No disrespect intended Raul.  

None taken. Just a bit of light hearted ribbing on my part.

Ishtara wrote:

wrote:

Ladies who lunch
is a phrase to describe slim, well-off, old-money, well-dressed
who meet for
socially, normally during the
. Typically, the women involved are
and non-working. Normally the lunch is in a
, perhaps in a
during
. Sometimes there is the pretext of raising money for

Thanks, but I'm not sure if I'd fit in there :smileyvery-happy: This is rather something for Scylla and Nat
:P
Just kidding. It sure is a funny idea though.

I see Scyl and I singing "A Little Priest"  more than anything from "Company"...

Edit to say this remark was meant as humour only "Oh, but SL doesn't allow groups with one member".:)

It was not my intent to advertise but to inform, I didn't see the reason behind two groups with the same purpose, the choice is yours.

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Real ladies do not 'join a club'. They get invited, discretely, and will never post about it in public.

I've just been googling to see if I can find a pre-Sondheim reference... but couldn't.  I wish I could have, because I never liked that song. For some reason it was constantly on TV when I was small, this black-and-white intense close-up of Elaine Stritch. I always found it disturbing and never knew what on earth it was about.

PBS probably used it to fill in gaps between shows.

I much prefer an image like this:

Lunch.jpg

even if it doesn't have the "old money" requirement... or the "non-working"... or the "married"...

Cato Badger wrote:

@Keli: You said 'iced tea'. If that's Long Island Iced Tea then count me in.

Sure it is easy to find places that make them so they look just like regular ice tea. (Just in case the boss happens to go to the same place for lunch.) ;)

long-island-iced-tea.jpg

Storm Clarence wrote:

Raul Rehnquist wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

This is great - in one thread you moved the entire SLO Forum to this MakeFriends sub-forum.

You don't have to be jealous. Pull up your big girl panties don a dress,wig and some makeup. I'm sure they will let you join them.
1laugh.gif

It was more 'Carpe Diem'.  No disrespect intended Raul.  

Well you guys could always start the Boys who do Brunch tread. ;)

Edit: After searching google about that title... um... maybe not. :smileysurprised:

Treasure Ballinger wrote:

OMG I'm *SUCH* an outsider.......(it's ok, no worries, I'm good like that!) The thought of belonging to such a club horrifies me, lol, too much of a loner........(not that i was invited, hahahaha)

See that is why we should do afternoon coffee. That way you get caught up on what  happened at lunch and I get some caffeine to make it though the rest of the day and you don't have to worry about big groups. ;)

women_coffee.jpg

That was cute Dillon :)

Dillon Levenque wrote:

DQ Darwin wrote:

It is a social group for all ladies or those so gender oriented that wish to keep in touch.

Thanks, Dee :smileywink: Of course when I'm actually inworld it's only close to lunchtime in like Vladivostock and I haven't met anyone from there yet.

Keli Kyrie wrote:

Agreed. It is much better then lunch at your desk.
:)

lunchDesk.jpg

Errrr..uuhhmmmm..... I do this all the time. I used to do Lunches with the ladies at work and until this man from another department decides to join us... Couldn't stand him at all. A gentleman shouldn't nag and wail like a first trimester hormonal mother.. during lunch.. complaining about his work... at lunch!

Now, I'm just a lady who posts in the forums, at lunch..

Willow Danube wrote:

Keli Kyrie wrote:

Agreed. It is much better then lunch at your desk.

lunchDesk.jpg

Errrr..uuhhmmmm..... I do this all the time. I used to do Lunches with the ladies at work and until this man from another department decides to join us... Couldn't stand him at all. A gentleman shouldn't nag and wail like a first trimester hormonal mother.. during lunch.. complaining about his work... at lunch!

Now, I'm just a lady who posts in the forums, at lunch..

Willow wouldn't something like this help?

mouthtapedshut.jpg

Storm Clarence wrote:

Open request to the
Community Manager
:
please make this thread sticky. 

I get the feeling this will be the OP of the Year. 

(or a close second to
*my*
VaNiTy ThReaD)

We can't be outdone, Storm.  Perhaps we need a Gent's Club for smoking cigars, sipping brandy and discussing politics! 

Interestingly, when I came to SL 4 years ago I tried to find a proper Gentleman's Club in SL, and only stumbled into brothel after brothel.  The Pearl comes back to memory.  But I never did locate a true Gent's Club.

Elric Anatine wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Open request to the
Community Manager
:
please make this thread sticky. 

I get the feeling this will be the OP of the Year. 

(or a close second to
*my*
VaNiTy ThReaD)

We can't be outdone, Storm.  Perhaps we need a Gent's Club for smoking cigars, sipping brandy and discussing politics! 

Interestingly, when I came to SL 4 years ago I tried to find a proper Gentleman's Club in SL, and only stumbled into brothel after brothel.  The Pearl comes back to memory.  But I never did locate a true Gent's Club.

boys-girls-only.jpg

All this Boys/Girls Only stuff. Can't we find a way to play together?

wii.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4559 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.