How to derender something permanently?

Syo Emerald

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3342 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I thought I knew how to, but the reality of my virtual neighbourhood proved me wrong.

I'm became premium member recently and got a nice little Linden Home, as I don't need much more at this point. While most of the neighbouring homes seem to be rented by nobody or just some decent people...one is obvioulsy rented by a troll.

Long story short: That guy has two big burning crosses infront of his house for whatever reason. It wouldn't bother me much, as I'm an atheist, but those things look super ugly and the particle effect is just cheap.

I tried to right click them and chose an option to not display them, but that only works partically. When I log in (my login location is always my Linden Home) then they are not displayed, but when I teleport elsewhere and come back later, they are back again.

How can I get rid of them permanently?

(and no, even if I would find a category to AR them and get rid of them that way, this would not help as I have filed an AR already on another object of this resident, which violates multiple parts of the ToS)

2 answers to this question

Hello Syo! I am not aware of a possible permanent derender in the SL official viewer, but if you are using Firestorm, you'll have to add the offending items to the asset blacklist: Right click it and select Derender → Blacklist from the menu.

Here goes. :)

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_derender

NOTE 1: Derender is known to be broken on Firestorm 4.6.7.

NOTE 2: If you are using Firestorm 4.6.7, some blacklisted objects may reappear after TP or relog.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3342 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.