Sign in to follow this  
Raul Rehnquist

Moderators what's with all the Spam ?

Venus Petrov wrote:

Ishtara wrote:

*Edited for adult content*

/me laughs

+3 kudos

Really Mike ?  How about getting rid of the spam that is here again all over the forum ?  Have you guys ever thought about using captcha security during the registration process ?

Joshooah Lovenkraft wrote:

I was reading how this new Lithium platform was supposed to have much better spam protection but I guess not lol.  As far I know though, LL only said they would have moderators on 7 days a week, rather than 24/7 so I guess all we can do is RIC the posts and wait for them to wake up on the west coast.

It went well yesterday, but today the *spammer* sneaked in again during LL's sleeping hours :smileysad:

These are spam bots. The easiest way to deal with them is to add captcha to the SL registration screen.

capcha.png     Spam bots can't read the captcha field, therefore they can't complete the registration.

Raul Rehnquist wrote:

These are spam bots. The easiest way to deal with them is to add captcha to the SL registration screen.

capcha.png

Spam bots can't read the captcha field, therefore they can't complete the registration.

SL registration already uses CAPTCHA when registering.  The spammers are likely using xrumer which can defeat a lot of the simple security mechanisms like CAPTCHA, email activation etc etc.

Joshooah Lovenkraft wrote:

Raul Rehnquist wrote:

capcha.png

Spam bots can't read the captcha field, therefore they can't complete the registration.

SL registration already uses CAPTCHA when registering.  The spammers are likely using xrumer which can defeat a lot of the simple security mechanisms like CAPTCHA, email activation etc etc.

It's been a while since I registered, so I don't really remember if they had captcha at that time. But anyway, how about word filtering and flood control ? Here is a quaint notion, how about a real live moderator to ban them and zap it as it's posted. Perhaps filing a complaint with the spammers ISP for good measure.