Sign in to follow this  
Raul Rehnquist

Moderators what's with all the Spam ?

According to the powers that be (the Lindens). This forum was going to be moderated 24 / 7 by professional moderators. Did you all fall asleep on the job ? It's been on here for many hours now unchecked.  I'm watching the spammers go from resident to honored resident. Are we waiting until they become full fledged members first ?  You told us there would be no gaming of the ranking system. Looks like the spammers don't agree.

WOW...all I can say is wow :smileysurprised:  :smileysad:  Hard to believe they are powerless to do something about this...Moderators, where are you?  :smileywink:

Well, that's disappointing....i thought this new software had ways of blocking such spam  :smileysad:

At least we can dispose of another LL myth...i.e 24/7 moderating of Forums. I knew it would loosen up at some point, but not this quickly!

The interesting thing I noticed about the official Lithium owned Forums....there were no spammy threads. How come LL doesn't have the same sort of security levels?

I was reading how this new Lithium platform was supposed to have much better spam protection but I guess not lol.  As far I know though, LL only said they would have moderators on 7 days a week, rather than 24/7 so I guess all we can do is RIC the posts and wait for them to wake up on the west coast.

Joshooah Lovenkraft wrote:

I was reading how this new Lithium platform was supposed to have much better spam protection but I guess not lol.  As far I know though, LL only said they would have moderators on 7 days a week, rather than 24/7 so I guess all we can do is RIC the posts and wait for them to wake up on the west coast.

Give me time to find the quote, but I am almost positive the term, "24/7" was used...

it sure is interesting that the moderators will jump on customers with both feet for promoting non-commercial resident communities, yet they dont seem too fussed with with scam spam flooding the board.

it is not a violation of the discussion guidlines to promote non-commercial websites, yes?

maybe i should start a thread seeking clarification.

Derek Torvalar wrote:

The speed in which everone will be moderated for questioning the moderation process will be swift Im sure!

LOL

For that to be the case. There would actually have to be a process to question first. But I understand what you meant. Awaiting the final count down 4....3.....2.....1

Rene Erlanger wrote:

The interesting thing I noticed about the official Lithium owned Forums....there were no spammy threads. How come LL doesn't have the same sort of security levels?

Oh, there was one :P We (the SL GD crowd) went over to their boards to poke and prod their software, and gave heaps of kudos to one another in the process. The thread went on over several pages for a day or two until they decided to delete it (or until they first realized it was there, which is probably more likely). It seems that the Lithium mods do things manually too, and not 24/7 either.

Ossian wrote:

Well, it puts paid to the mistaken notion that ranks had anything to do with spam control.

And wow, how many of us have the same rank as the spammers?

It only takes 5-8 posts to reach the "Honored Resident" rank. At least I noticed my new rank when I had 8 posts.

Ishtara, I like what you did with that little bowling-ball icon.  Very cute!

AND with the inset!  Clever!

AND with the "Pink Pixie"!!  Very impressed.  I hope Lithium is taking notes.

Ha! I didn't notice what Ishtara did with the bowling ball icon until you pointed it out. That IS clever. I really think Ishatara's is my favorite badge so far, for doing the best the job of working with what they gave us.