Sign in to follow this  
Easygo Seelowe

Avi Choice Awards 2015 - Multiple Votes

I won for two categories last year. Not only did I not ask my customers to vote, but I was only dimly aware of the event or that I had been nominated. 

Proof that it is still word of mouth about quality and service, and not rigged voting or blogs, that is most influential in SL.

ETA  This is the first I have heard about the event this year. I have no idea if I am nominated for anything (and prefer to remain in the dark).

Easygo Seelowe wrote:

Out of 1.5 million active SL users it is hard to imagine I am the only one aware of TOR. My guess, its been done for some years... Concealing the truth never works out well in the long run. This is only points out the need to improve the process. But I have no dog in this fight. Ignore or improve, no difference to me.

Mabe some people do, but that doesn't give you an excuse to cheat or post here how to cheat.  And why would you go to the effort of cheating if 'you have no dog in the fight"? Do you grief for fun too?  You may not be voting for yourself, but you obviously have some agenda.  Perhaps you want a friend of yours to win or you carry a grudge against the contest or someone in it.

I think that the OP is merely pointing out the overt flaw in contests based on "popularity".

To confirm that these produce corrupt and nonsensical results a large proportion of the time one need only look at the recent succession of Presidents of the USA.

Of course, very occasionally the truth shines through, which is why you succeed, Pam.