Having issues with logging in. As soon as I log in, I instantly crash...Help please?

Angellina Freschi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4791 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I use Kirstens Viewer because its the best viewer for me since I'm a photographer. 

All of a sudden I cant log in. So as soon as I log in, I crash with the error message:

'Crap. You have been logged out. This region might be experiencing trouble. Please check your Internet Connection.'

I dont know what to do since this has been happening since middle of Jan. I moved on to the Phoenix Viewer which is ok for me, but not as good as Kirstens.

P.s I can log onto my alt from Kirstens but not my main.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Angel.

11 answers to this question

It sounds like you have a ghosted avatar

Check here for more tips

The system is logging you out

Sometimes, usually after a recent logout or crash, Second Life may mistakenly think you are still logged in. When you try to log in again, your previous session must be logged out before you can get back into Second Life. If you receive a login failure message stating that "The system is logging you out...", try waiting a few minutes before logging in again. If you continue to receive this message, you may be a victim of "stuck presence", which can be fixed by restarting the Region in which your avatar is stuck.

Residents with Premium or Concierge level accounts may request a Region restart via live chat, ticket submission, or phone support. Basic accounts do not have access to avatar-level support at this time.

General remedies

If you're not sure why you cannot log in, try the following general procedure:

1. Double-check your username and password. If you continue to receive an error, try logging into the Second Life website. If you are unable to log into the website, the problem is likely to be your username or password; follow the "Forgot your login information?" instructions on the website to reset your password.
  2. Change your login location to a different Region. See Changing your login location for more information on how to do this.
  3. Restart your computer, modem, and router. When restarting, make sure to leave them powered off for at least 10 seconds before restarting. This step can often fix routing issues and other connection-related problems.
  4. If you are still unable to login, Premium and Concierge Residents may contact customer support via live chat, support cases (tickets), or by telephone.

If you are Ghosted and want to confirm it. You can ask a friend to visit your login location (or last location) and they should be able to see your avatar standing or sitting frozen. If you have an Alternate Avatar you can login and confirm the Ghosted avatar without assistance.

Since you appear to have several Viewers on your computer, they could be causing some conflicts, especially if they all have your cache saved to the same location.

You need to clear your cache manually.

(XP) - C: - Documents and Settings - (USER NAME) - AppData - SecondLife
(Vista) - C: - Users - (USER NAME) - AppData - Local - SecondLife
(Win 7) - C: - Users - (USER NAME) - AppData - Roaming - SecondLife

Find that Secondlife folder and delete all the contents.

NOTE: You may need to go to Windows Tools > Folder Options > View & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders, in order to see AppData folder.

When you lgo back to the login screen, go to prefernces & set the location to save your cache at some other place. I would also try changing start location to "Smith" too.

That`s interesting, I haven`t used Kristens but with Phoenix they have their own inworld support group and website supports such as JIRAs and forums, check out whether or not Kristens have the same thing, sometimes there can be viewer specific problems and they will be best able to help if they have had other users with the same issue.

I just checked & there is a free to join Group called: The Official Kirstens Viewer Group! ....See if they have any useful tips for you :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4791 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.