Bring Back Inventory Jump-To

Danny Nolan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This was a feature that I LOVED in 1.x, and I really realllly would love to see come back for viewer 2.

Quick example: I have 89275 things from the store fri.day. Everything you buy from there starts with "fri". So, let's say I open my inventory and hit F. Should bring me right to the first folder that starts with an F.

Why is this useful? Why use this over filter? Filter, can be somewhat laggy, and just unnecessary. It filters out every folder/item that has an instance of what I typed. If I know exactly the name of the folder, or the few letters it starts with, I can go right to it instead. Plus, sometimes filter will show things from my clothing folder, or body parts folder, which I don't need, and just fills up the screenspace. Plus 2, I don't need it to show all the items in subfolders that match. I just need the folder. Plus 3, if I want to show my inventory as normal I have to clear the filter box, which again has to re-draw, and relist the inventory.

Side note: if you guys have a windows machine, you can tell what I mean by just typing while at your desktop. Start typing "recycle bin" and it'll go right to it. 

The code for this, I think, is actually still in the viewer, just not operational. And I know it works for the gesture "select sound" dropdown just fine. Just need to make it work for inventories too.

I may actually have to "beg" LL for this one. I actually like 2.0, been using since it came out. But this one feature is the only thing that's bugged me (or maybe more multi-threaded code, and SLI support :smileywink: ), and such a small addition that would make a big difference for me, and I'm sure others.

Made a JIRA for it. Link is here. Thanks guys. Post if you agree! Let's make some noise.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.