Cooking in SL

dalocogamer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For a odd ball reason I had the need to cook today in SL haha. I checked out current systems and was like I totaly should make one too. What would you create if you could cook ANYTHING on the globe? Man oh man I would fry up some ham and eggs. But it would have to be hickory ham. MMMMMM wash it down with organge juice and have some grapes on the side. 

WOW that looks mouth watering good. I can't believe there is not more sl cooking on here. I'm watching tv and was thinking I wanna cook that! It was sauted mushrooms and stake. Baked potatoe with chive and cheese, home made apple sauce to the side. big ol salad bowl with bacon bites. MMMMMMMMM

Whiteangel Falconvale wrote:

Hey if you are wanting to cook in sl you should keep a watch out in the next few months...
:)
 :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:......Oh wait... Uhm, wasnt supposed to say that YET!. uhm nvm LMAO!

No need to wait, plenty of opportunities to RP preparing, cooking, and serving a wide variety of detailed meals/foods right now. 

Things like this would make perfect "breedables" games.

Collect the recipes, assemble the ingredients. Trade ingredients with other "chefs" - and use your "chef master" kitchen to serve up 'x servings' of a meal.

Eat the meal, and its gone after 'x' servings.

Its a perfect low cost "breedables" concept - lots of really cheap ingredients, but they last short term. Constant need to replenish. And on the higher cost side: fancier kitchens and/or a buyable script engine to insert into assorted third party kitchens.

I would think that being able to trade recipies let alone make your own would be unqiue twist. We all come from different areas of the globe. I just so happen to run into alot of folks from Texas and/or England...it be nice to see different styles and blends of foods ya know.

dalocogamer wrote:

I would think that being able to trade recipies let alone make your own would be unqiue twist. We all come from different areas of the globe. I just so happen to run into alot of folks from Texas and/or England...it be nice to see different styles and blends of foods ya know.

One of the first dinners I made in SL, like in 2008, was Tex Mex :-)  (I still have an updated sculpted version but not in mesh yet.) You can also prepare and cook enchiladas, guacamole, salsa, etc.  I dont RP myself but I get a kick out of making things for those who do.

Ugh. btw -- My veneration for the Brits is such that I do have a nice Christmas pudding you can add sauce to and light on fire (with blue flame), plus on my Xmas dinner you can change the green bean casserole to what I have been told are the brussels sprouts Brits required to be on the table.

Pamela Galli wrote:

British food has always been a bit of a mystery to me, esp breakfast, and all these weird so-called puddings.

Well, I can differentiate between Yorkshire Pudding, Blood Pudding, Pease Pudding, Rice Pudding, Bread Pudding and Christmas Pudding, but don't ask me about Spotted Dick...

LlazarusLlong wrote:

Pamela Galli wrote:

British food has always been a bit of a mystery to me, esp breakfast, and all these weird so-called puddings.

Well, I can differentiate between Yorkshire Pudding, Blood Pudding, Pease Pudding, Rice Pudding, Bread Pudding and Christmas Pudding, but don't ask me about Spotted Dick...

We know of rice, bread, tapioca,banana, chocolate, butterscotch, and vanilla pudding. But not BLOOD for crying out loud!  

But who am I to question the people with whom we produced Churchill?  (But I will note that the only English restaurant I ever saw was Fish n Chips, long defunct.)

Pamela Galli wrote:

We know of rice, bread, tapioca,banana, chocolate, butterscotch, and vanilla pudding. But not BLOOD for crying out loud! 

I blame the French. We got the word pudding from their word boudin, which actually means a sausage.

And did you know that one of the answers to "what did the Romans ever do for us?" was to introduce the rest of Europe to sausages?

I'm tossing around a few concepts here and there on some paper at home aaaaannd I'm over thinking how to do this by ALOT hahaha. Do I want to keep the programing in SL or do I want to use a private server. Do I want to use listens or do I want to check inventory? Its alot to think about ya know..and I havent even thought of a menu yet or my first dish to cook. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.