Hi I'm having trouble getting my preferences to stay retained after I log out, using viewer 2.

Nuala MacMoragh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

It is possible that a file needed for getting the prefs stored correctly have been damaged. You could try to move the folder "C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife" to a different location, relog and see if the settings stick. Be aware that any chat and/or IM logs you have will be in this folder, so you may want to keep et around.

There may be other files for SL that should be (re)moved, but I don't know where they are located on a windows pc. (I am assuming you use windows.)

On the Mac, these files are located in ~/Library/Application Support/Second life/, and some other settings in ~/Library/Preferences/

- Luc -

Firstly make sure that you are clicking OK after you have made changes and not just closing the preferences window.

Your preferences and other settings are saved to a folder called User_Settings, you can check that this file has been created,  if you haven`t changed the location to somewhere else the file should be in its default location which is:

(XP)       -  C: - Documents and Settings -  (USER NAME) - AppData - SecondLife - User_Settings
(Vista)   -  C: - Users - (USER NAME) - AppData - Local - SecondLife - User_Settings
(Win 7)  - C: - Users  - (USER NAME) - AppData - Roaming - SecondLife - User_Settings

NOTE: You may need to go to Windows Tools > Folder Options > View & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders, in order to see AppData folder.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.