Ladies, aren't you getting tired that 95% of the SL males are ridiculously muscular

TeeCay
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1963 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am just corious.

I was able to make the avatar i always vanted, not muscilar, skinny, decent, quite hot if you ask me (lol)

What i do not really understand, when females see a skinny avatar, they show fast that they are not interested and mostly "your avi looks like a boy", than if its the same avatar but muscular, than they say "yum yum", but most of them complain its boring that every male is muscular.

So what are your opinios about it?

TeeCay wrote:

I was able to make the avatar i always vanted, not muscilar, skinny, decent, quite hot if you ask me (lol)

Any pic?
:P

What i do not really understand, when females see a skinny avatar, they show fast that they are not interested and mostly "your avi looks like a boy", than if its the same avatar but muscular, than they say "yum yum", but most of them complain its boring that every male is muscular.

I'm not keen on Hulk or Swcharzenegger's looks, to say the truth. Actually the only "muscle" I'm interested in is "brains"
:D

TeeCay wrote:

I am just corious.

So what are your opinios about it?

I never cared much for male avatars. I'm not a dating type and most male avatars don't appeal to me, muscular or not. If I think about it, those slim hipster-yolo-swag avatars with their pants pulled down, idiotic attitude and far too long upper bodies are even worse than the Arnolds. :catlol:

• 3 weeks later...

I also fall in the shorter and skinnier avatar than the standard, but I never really had the problem as being identified as a boy.  But I also never had any female ever say "yum yum" to me lol  So i have to put a little effort and jump behind the huge muscular guy, wave and try to impress them with words lol.

Depends on what is meant by real.

I know some women that are female and yet about as deep as a dinner plate. Thinking only guys are shallow is a bit chauvinistic. Using stereotypes is shortcut thinking... it has its place, but it isn't the total reality.

I have met hulks that have sweet personalities, RL and SL. In RL my experience is they have been in the majority. I'm undecided about those in SL. 

Racisum, sexisum, all the isum's... using that style of thinking gets us the Ferguson senario.

• 2 months later...

I am but my other avatar (male) is muscular but not in a over the top style.......he's just right (for me and my main female avatar). I'm guessing that the ones who do the guys think the SL females want their guy to be ridiculously over done.....for me, no way......

Arielle

TeeCay wrote:

I am just corious.

Hi corious, I'm just Freya. :)

Some of my best friends are skinny avatars!

As a rule I don't think other peoples' aesthetic choices affect me at all. If I want to stare at twitching pectorals all day there are websites for that - I checked! I'm happy letting others decide how they want to look, and if I happen to find them attractive physically or metaphysically then hooray.

I have partners of all shapes and sizes; at least one is at height 100 (with some muscles, admittedly), one or two are lithe little things. Another is frequently the strangest critter they can find (once I caught her being about 150ft tall), yet another prefers to be a giant anthro werewolf with biceps as big as my head! One of my newer interests spends a lot of his time as a collection of incorporeal spheres. Certainly nothing that approaches 95% in any direction. I don't think any of them are in serious danger of hulking out, but variety is surely good. :)

To be honest it tires me out more when people refer to men and women collectively as "males" and "females". Everything in my head flips over to NatGeo-mode and I start prowling around the nearest watering hole.

Archived