Calling all Creative Writing Enthusiasts!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3274 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Greetings!

I am looking for 4 more individuals that would be interested in taking part in a virtual creative writing course in Second Life starting March 1st. The ‘classroom’ will be in the form of a roleplay sim built specifically for visual reference and inspiration.

This course will be the first four weeks of an eight week program. I am running it as a test on Second Life so that I can provide a more interactive environment for the students and hopefully receive some good feedback about the course at the end of the four weeks.

The way that this will be run is that each week the students will be given a set of tasks/activities to complete. The first week of assignments caters to those who may be unfamiliar with using or getting around Second Life. I am assuming that most people that volunteer for this will be already familiar with SL, so the first week will be easy.

The activities for each week following that will focus around a specific Creative Writing topic: World Building, Character Creation, and Showing vs. Telling. Some of the tasks will be individual assignments, and some of them will be cooperative/collaborative in nature. It is my goal to incorporate plenty of opportunities for roleplay interactions between students as part of the experience.

As the instructor, I will be available most of the time during the week to help facilitate progress through the modules, though I will dedicate 2-3 times during the week specifically for 'Office Hours'. The course itself will largely be self-paced and self-directed, as elements within sim will allow the students to click on items and receive directions, helpful information, and other pertinent details pertaining to the class and the specific module. This course will take on an somewhat ‘choose your own adventure’ style, in which the students will be provided a basic framework to follow, but the specific details and end results of their assignments will be generated from their own creativity and imagination.

At the end of the course, the students will be asked to complete two surveys, one that asks about the content of the course and another one that asks about the way the course was implemented. They will also be asked to do 1 on 1 interviews with me to see what they liked/didn’t like about the course.

If this is something that you would be interested in, please follow this link to fill out a very simple and short pre-survey:

https://ufl.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_bd81KILyV6UA6Gx

If you have any questions or would like more details, feel free to drop me a PM here or a NC in game to Kyonyx Djannovic.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3274 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.