Clean up the Forums!

LlazarusLlong

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3304 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Darrius Gothly wrote:

We have had successes.

Do not allow yourself to continue believing that "it's a lost cause" .. because it is not.

From time to time LL has indeed listened, fixed mistakes and even resolved internally not to do that stupid stunt again (whatever the stupid stunt was that got us Customers all ticked off).

So your defeatist attitude is misplaced, unwarranted, and based not on the reality of this dynamic but more likely on experiences you've had outside of SL.

We keep disagreeing. You consider my attitude defeatist. Fine. I find you overestimate your chances in a strict environment like this ( the forums ).

I stress that :

1. The forums are NOT LL's core business and therefore not their main concern.
  2. Any contribution or effort, long- or short-term, made by users here is voluntarily and without any rights or grants.
  3. Demands to have moderation answer for itself will go unanswered, because of corporate policy(ies).
  4. Usage of these forums will continue on LL's terms. Not 'ours'.
  5. These conditions were clear to and accepted by me from the moment I participated.

We all agreed on these terms by accepting the ToS/CG when registering, didn't we ? No matter what different expectations we have for as many different reasons. 

I had posts pulled. I was never banned on any account I had. I kept my expectations low.

It never disappointed me before. I'm sure it won't in the near future of this forum.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Someone threw a temper trantrum when policy was enforced against them - and it matters not how rightly or wrongly that was, then demanded a public apology, never got it, and left.

Such demand somewhat demonstrates why the place is better without such characters.

Adults need to get over their own senses of entitlement and move on when things like that occur. To this person's credit - they at least are not one of the ones constantly throwing temper trantrums over it now.

Holy **bleep**, Batman. Imagine if Rosa Parks had gotten over her own "sense of entitlement" and "moved on."

TDD123 wrote:

LlazarusLlong wrote:

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Someone behaved in a logical and measured fashion when policy was incorrectly enforced against
them
her (Void).

FIFY!

Perhaps you should have corrected the original post, not mine, TED10U5.

Especially if you are then going to correct your own correction.

Have you stopped yet?

TDD123 wrote:

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

Imagine if Rosa Parks had gotten over her own "sense of entitlement" and "moved on."

You equate Void Singer to Rosa Parks ? :robotindifferent:

Not really, no. Just imagine, though.

There she was, riding on a bus covered by a specific policy - and it matters not how right or wrong that policy was - and a huge "temper tantrum" ensued when said policy was enforced.

To her credit, though - she's at least not one of the ones constantly throwing temper tantrums over it now.

TDD123 wrote:

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

Imagine if Rosa Parks had gotten over her own "sense of entitlement" and "moved on."

You equate Void Singer to Rosa Parks ? :robotindifferent:

Why not? They were both females of race (which race is of no concern) who were intransigent and did their best work sitting down.

TDD123 wrote:

But that was about human rights. Not about volunteering without expectations.

And your point is...?

(By the way, human rights is a null concept; I would have thought that you would have appreciated that, given your instantiation here.)

(Rights are privileges temporarily and arbitrarily allowed to the weak by the strong.)

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Darrius Gothly wrote:

TDD123 wrote:

As stated before elsewhere by others ... Void was not lost or banned.  [snip] 

According to Void's own words, she departed these forums for good. That falls under my definition of "Lost". True enough, she did not depart SL nor the planet, but for the purposes of this thread and based on her own words, she has been lost to those people that come here for help, advice and guidance.

Someone threw a temper trantrum when policy was enforced against them - and it matters not how rightly or wrongly that was, then demanded a public apology, never got it, and left.

Such demand somewhat demonstrates why the place is better without such characters.

Adults need to get over their own senses of entitlement and move on when things like that occur. To this person's credit - they at least are not one of the ones constantly throwing temper trantrums over it now.

Perhaps you should go and read Void's original letter to Rodvik. She clearly states that she DOESN'T want an apology.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Forums-Feedback/An-Open-letter-to-Rod-Humble-Re-Second-Life-forums/td-p/1215419

I DO.

Nonsense. Void was under the impression her reputation would invoke a response. It was left unheard ( by those she meant to reach ).

In contrast to Rosa Parks.

Now please excuse me. I have inworld obligations now and I'm leaving this thread.

TDD123 wrote:

Void was under the impression her reputation would invoke a response. It was left unheard.

And you know that she was operating under what impression... how, exactly? Are you a mind reader, too? Because even with my own amazing psychic ability...

Now please excuse me. I have inworld obligations now and I'm leaving this thread.

Buh-bye.

LlazarusLlong wrote:

(Rights are privileges temporarily and arbitrarily allowed to the weak by the strong.)

up until the weak get fed up with it. Then they drag the strong who think like that, down into the mud of the streets. Along with the statues and edifices the strong had created to show off all the power of their awesome

irihapeti wrote:

LlazarusLlong wrote:

up until the weak get fed up with it. Then they drag the strong who think like that, down into the mud of the streets. Along with the statues and edifices the strong had created to show off all the power of their awesome

It has never happened.

When that appears to happen it is because the strong have become weak.

And so the circle turns.

LlazarusLlong wrote:

irihapeti wrote:

LlazarusLlong wrote:

It has never happened.

When that appears to happen it is because the strong have become weak.

And so the circle turns.

very good

eta: i was going to say that except for when equilbrium is reached then there are no weak to grant privileges to. Or strong to grant privileges. Unless we regard all as both weak and strong and then they can grant and recieve privleges for reasons other than being weak or strong. So I wont say that. bc thats a ccfod argument as well

Derek Torvalar wrote:

Derek Torvalar wrote:

Darrius Gothly wrote:

TDD123 wrote:

As stated before elsewhere by others ... Void was not lost or banned.  [snip] 

According to Void's own words, she departed these forums for good. That falls under my definition of "Lost". True enough, she did not depart SL nor the planet, but for the purposes of this thread and based on her own words, she has been lost to those people that come here for help, advice and guidance.

Now, can you honestly tell me that's NOT a loss?

This speaks to her Integrity.

I am in agreement with you Darrius, while Void was not the only talent that gave freely here, her singular abilities have been missed, and we all would have been a lot better off had she remained.

About a month after Void posted her letter that went ignored by LL I was contacted by Rodvik's lickspittle Viale Linden to have an in-world meeting to try and sort out some of the issues that people here were in an uproar about, mainly the state of the moderation and Void's case was on the top of the list. I contacted Void and asked her if she would like to accompany me to the meeting but she declined, deciding to wash her hands of the situation.

The outcome of the meeting was fruitless, as you all can see or remember, nothing changed, we were still treated with disrespect here by the mods and LL and their attitude, reminiscent of the old "The peasants are revolting!" joke, has still not changed.
Prior to Christmas, some of you may know, Caitlin Tobias, was forced to go to Ebbe on Twitter to get her case resolved.
Xiola is now the 4th or 5th individual tasked with dealing with the problems, since Void's departure, associated with the Forums, the GD specifically and I wait to see how successful she is or whether she will be like the rest.

I would also like to add that an apology here in the forum to Void will probably not bring her back to us, and may not give her any satisfaction at this late date, as she stated herself that one wasn't wanted. However LL needs to take responsibility for depriving US of one of OUR assets and the apology would be a step in the right direction in demonstrating that WE deserve some respect and are of value to LL. 

I just see all this today, as I hardly even  dare to look at this forum...

Yes, I got apologies from Ebbe on twitter in December, but never a confirmation in the forum as such from the moderator.

That incident, and some that happened before that last one, led me to shy away from here and I only go here being not logged in - when pointed out to something that may be interesting, but hardly ever is - and I certainly find it too dangerous to reply at all, knowing there are people out there and here to hit the RIC button 2 seconds after I have hit the 'post' button.

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

I just see all this today, as I hardly even  dare to look at this forum...

Yes, I got apologies from Ebbe on twitter in December, but never a confirmation in the forum as such from the moderator.

That incident, and some that happened before that last one, led me to shy away from here and I only go here being not logged in - when pointed out to something that may be interesting, but hardly ever is - and I certainly find it too dangerous to reply at all, knowing there are people out there and here to hit the RIC button 2 seconds after I have hit the 'post' button.

Given your experience Caity, thank you for being brave enough to contribute to this discussion.

LlazarusLlong wrote:

Given your experience Caity, thank you for being brave enough to contribute to this discussion.

Thank you LLaz :). I think I am not the only one who left this medium for the sake of not getting ones account in danger, as we know....eventually when one gets too many warnings, LL can decide to ban you inworld as well.

This forum, and its risks it obviously brings with it -  due to some individuals who love to play God and feel the need to report just because they can - , is not worth jeopardising 'Caity' inworld. I have always enjoyed it here,  the forum being a part of my overall SL experience, but the anonymous abuse in here: no thanks.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3304 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.