Help needed.. how to make a whole object active ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2170 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am not a creator or builder and don't have knowledge of these things. But i added some animations and scripts from one chair that i had , into another one , and managed to make it work .. The problem is that if i try to sit on the chair that i added to it the scripts and animations , so it let me sit and have a menu only if i click to sit on the prim in the chair which i added the animations too, but if i try to sit on the chair and choose to sit on different prim, i can't sit with the animations i added and i don't get a menu. My question is how  can i make the entire chair to work the same and that it will let me sit , no matter on which  part i click ? Just like when buying a chair from a store and all of it is active for touch or for trying to sit at. I tried to unlink the prims of the chair and to link them back in different order, tried it many times, each time in different way but it didn't help.

And i have another question ..Usually inside scripted and animated furniture there is a notecard which inside written a long number near each pose or animation, it's the position number of the animation..Lets say if i add a new animation into a furniture and i add it on the notecard .. but the animation which i add isn't positioned right in the furniture.. when i sit, i sit in air or not correctly.. So i use the adjust pose button. but if the next person come to sit, he is also not sitting correctly because the position number in the notecard need to be the correct one. So i wanted to ask , how can i know the position number of the animation after i already adjusted the pose and i sit correctly ? so i can add it in the notecard and then everyone which will sit , will sit correctly. I have tried to search info about it but couldn't find any 

Will really appreciate any info or help . thank you :)

For your first question, make the prim that has the scripts and animations in it the root prim.  Click the chair, then click that prim, and Link it.  The prim should be outlined in yellow and the rest of the chair in blue if you did it right.

For your second question, the scripts only will remember the adjustments for the individual people.  You need the full perm version of it to adjust the animation for anyone that sits in the chair.  The full perm version will have another script and an helper prim to add to the chair to do that with.  You can find it in the marketplace by searching the MP by the name of the creator.  It isn't cheap though   It can be done manually but you would probably find it very frustrating at best since you have no building or scripting knowledge.  Your best bet with your skills is to make a small prim and put everything in it, then positioning the prim on the chair so you are sitting right then make it the root prim as above.  Finally you can make the prim transparent to hide it.

Thanks for your reply :). I thought there is some easy way to get the position's number of my avatar while i am sitting anywhere in sl ..unluckily i see it's not the case lol.  And about the chair. I did try to do it and to link the prim with the animations and scripts as last, i checked by the colors as you explained , and i did it correctly but from some reason that doesn't work with this specific chair and still if i try to click on all the metal part of the chair , that contains no animations and scripts, then i just sit not good, like sitting on non animated object in sl , and without the animations , and i also don't get the menu. so it's weird..

I think you need to identify the scripting system your furniture is using.   There are several possibilities.   If it's not using poseballs, It sounds as if it may be a free, open source, system called nPose.  Or it may be be a proprietary system like AvSitter.   Depending on which system it uses, there's different ways to add animations to the furniture.    You don't need any particular scripting knowledge to do it -- that's all handled by the systems.   You just need to follow some simple instructions to set the correct positions and rotations for the animations and then copy/paste the information to the notecards (that's the long numbers you've seen).

See if you can identify the system used (from the script names and/or any help cards).     Npose has a very active in-world help group.   AvSitter has its own website with full instructions for end users, and instructions on how to use their customer support.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2170 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.