Horrified over linden. Was I hacked?

WanderleiMMA

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3348 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Okay so I logged out of my singularity viewer cause of lag I kept logging j and out clearing my cache then it told me I couldnt log back in for a few hours so under log in objects I saw something called second life beta I logged into it and I saw that I had 15000 lindens that I don't recall purchasing.

2 answers to this question

No you were not.

You went to the "other" SL grid which is for development and testing purposes. Every SL resident can go there and upload textures, sounds, animations etc there for free, for testing.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Preview_Grid

The Linden balance you see is completely nominal, it's play money basically.

You can not take the Lindens nor anything you make in the Beta grid, also sometimes called Aditi, back into SL proper (also called Agni), any changes you make to objects you already own, will not carry over either.

The Beta grid is not the real Second Life grid. It is used only for testing. You get fake money when you log in there (Lindens that can not be converted to real US Dollars). It only has a few regions available in it.

You can try out building and texture uploading and uploading original meshes you have created, while on the Beta grid (where it won't cost you any real money to upload). Then when you get it right, go log into the main Second Life grid and upload your finished mesh/texture there (where it will cost you real money). This saves money while you are trying to get your texture or mesh to work right.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3348 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.