ranks

Angel Harmison

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

There's supposedly some unpublished formula that takes into account a bunch of different factors of participation on the forums. LL is keeping the details secret so that people won't be able to manipulate the system.

I think it would be nice to have some small clue, but then again, I think this whole rank system with some residents apparently "worth" more than others is counterproductive to community and silly.

To be honest, I think the idea of identifying helpful residents is merely interesting / amusing.  I have to admit that I was happy to go from 'resident' to 'recognized resident' to 'honored resident'  ... but yeah not sure if it matters that much and anyway your in-world profile doesn't seem to track with these forum rankings at all.  I'm plain old 'resident' in-world.  

• Like 1

Angel Harmison wrote:

So  how  do we  go from  "honored resident" to  member.. what does it take  exactly? I have no idea where this  question should be posted..sighs

It depends on who you are.  Some people have higher rank for less accomplishments. Others have less rank for more accomplishments.

Also, some people got their post count/solutions padded with the migration to this platform while others had their post counts/solutions reduced.

PS Points from the old system are not equal to post count. Points were somehow translated into solutions.

Broken ranking2.PNG

lost posts.PNG

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.