Any tips for getting rid of pant cuffs peaking through boots?

Myra Wildmist

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4790 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm sure this is a popular problem. Sometimes, when I buy a new pair of pants they'll have a little flare at the cuff and the cuffs will peak through my boots. In most cases, going into Edit Outfit doesn't help, because the flare is already set to zero.

Is there a secret to getting rid of peaking cuffs? Is there a way to hide them? Some boots come with a hide my foot option, but not all of them do.

It seems pants makers sometimes provide cuffless/flareless versions of their pants. Should I just try to buy these?

How do you tackle this problem? By not wearing boots?  :D

Thanks for any help.

You can also make your own alpha masks to hide your feet. This can be handy, if the boots are modify so you can get rid of annoying invisiprims.

You can get a free pack of feet alphas at the Forum Cartel Hangout. I think both alpha layers and textures are included. The Marketplace has a set for 10L too, and you get some other interesting alpha layer textures there too.

You make your own alpha layer by going into appearance mode, then edit your outfit and create new alpha. Then you drop the alpha texture you want in the box for the body part you will modify, like lower body, and save. I use to "save as" and name it for the footwear I will use it with, and put it in the same folder. It is really easy.

Marianne Little wrote:

You can also make your own alpha masks to hide your feet. This can be handy, if the boots are modify so you can get rid of annoying invisiprims.

Marianne's tip is a great one.  I've been slowly modifying all my older boots and shoes, and come to strongly dislike no mod  footware for this reason.

So please footware designers either get rid of invisiprims or make your footware modifiable.  I bought some boots the other day that still have invisiprims but are no modify. Grrr

Finora Kuncoro wrote:

Marianne's tip is a great one.  I've been slowly modifying all my older boots and shoes, and come to strongly dislike no mod  footware for this reason.

I have more than a few with resize scripts (whoever made the version that requires a script in every prim needs to be ... spanked at the very least .. but I digress ..)  that I kept a copy with the scripts still in them.  I have to be VERY fond of the shoes to shrink the invisiprim down 1% at a time through the script. 

I have thrown away a few pair that have tried my very limited patience too much.  But there are a few pair I just cuss to myself and keep clicking the -1% button ever 5 seconds until it is too small to be seen.

Alpha masks are the way to go - no script lag and no glitching like you get with invisiprims.  If you got the boots/shoes recently and they didn't come with them, ask the creator (the feature's been in SL for nearly a year), otherwise just grab an alpha 'sock' from another pair of boots that are the same length, and you should be good to go.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4790 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.