Everytime I play Second Life, my viewer freezes? HELP?

Vocaloid9MYKA

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3356 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So, pretty much everytime I play SL about after 30 minutes, it freezes! EVERY TIME! The most recent one (just a few minutes ago), I was just standing, talking to a few people and minding my business, and then of course after 30 minutes, IT FREEZES. When it freezes the only way I can close the frozen viewer is to shut down or restart. This is getting SUPER annoying and I want it fixed now! PLEASE help!

4 answers to this question

@shadowolf397:  There is no more "Phoenix" viewer, it was discontinued a long time ago.  If you still have an old version of Phoenix, it ought not even to run, and if it does it will not support many of SL's current features.

The Firestorm viewer was developed by the same people who brought you Phoenix.  Its full name is the "Phoenix Firestorm" viewer.  However, Firestorm is currently the only viewer in this viewer "family."

@vocaloid09:  I was having a similar problem.  In my case, the freeze affected my entire computer.  NOTHING would work, not even the mouse, and the only solution was to manually power off and restart.  If this is happening to you, maybe you are driving your computer too hard.  Mine was overclocked to the maximum that my overclocking utility considered "safe", but obviously it was being a bit optmistic.  I backed off the overclock settings and now everything is stable again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3356 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.