The Forums Are Far Too Boring

Magnus Brody

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3267 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Derek Torvalar wrote:

Well my attempt to alleviate the boredom here was stymied as my thread entitled 'Office Politics Make Strange Bedfellows' was deleted without notification or explanation.

You idiot!  I'm perhaps the strangest bedfellow you could ever run across and that has nothing whatsoever to do with politics, office or otherwise.

...Dres

ETA:  You do realize that idiot was meant as a term of endearment, right?

Coby Foden wrote:

LlazarusLlong wrote:

So do you (or anyone else)  have any further requests for action that Llazarus might use his influential neurolinguistic techniques to effect?

Ok, here goes:

Under the
Commerce Forum category
there are only three forums areas.

Merchants

Discussion area for inworld and Marketplace merchants to exchange business and marketing ideas.

Inworld Employment

Get an inworld job or hire a Resident.

Wanted

Are you searching for something you just can't find? Post it here!

Where are the buyers going to discuss about their ideas and experiences?

There is no other place at present except the General Discussion Forum. :smileywink:

How about adding one more under Commerce forum category? Something like:

Buyers

Discussion area for anything related to inworld and Marketplace purchases and purchasing.

I know almost nothing about the Commerce area but this sounds like an excellent idea to me.

Pamela Galli wrote:

At the very least, volunteer moderators would be a good idea --
no one seems to be managing the forum much now.  
I am sure there are selfless people willing to moderate -- after all some handle Customer Support in Answers for free.

On the contrary, Pam, action IS being taken to move (some) threads to more appropriate places. Take a look at how the threads offering feedback about the forums (like this one) have been moved into Forum Feedback.

Derek Torvalar wrote:

Well my attempt to alleviate the boredom here was stymied as my thread entitled 'Office Politics Make Strange Bedfellows' was deleted without notification or explanation.

Empty gestures and plus ca change etc etc etc.

I am absolutely astonished that the Lindens would be so sensitive as to do such a thing via stealth moderation.

Since you have had no notification from the moderators, perhaps it was actually a data corruption, and you should repost it.

Dillon Levenque wrote:

irihapeti wrote:

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

... I should think there are more important things to do than expend precious resources on the forums. Why not just shut them down?

Snugs, you are such a sinner.  Maddy is so going to put you in the fire for this

(:

Maddy's never understood why LL even bothers with the Forum. I remember her saying much the same things in a post back in 2009 or 2010 in the Jive forum. Where she goes wrong is by being logical. Logic got nuttin' to do with it. There's an over-riding reason why the Forums should continue:

I enjoy them.

Wait, two reasons! You enjoy them too. :-)

oh ok. Never knew that about Maddy

Snugs you have my permission to put Maddy in the fire ok. She obviously in need it. Obvious obviously even

(:

LlazarusLlong wrote:

Derek Torvalar wrote:

Empty gestures and plus ca change etc etc etc.

I am absolutely astonished that the Lindens would be so sensitive as to do such a thing via stealth moderation.

Since you have had no notification from the moderators, perhaps it was actually a data corruption, and you should repost it.

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, Once more;

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Derek Torvalar wrote:

You idiot!  I'm perhaps the strangest bedfellow you could ever run across and that has nothing whatsoever to do with politics, office or otherwise.

...Dres

ETA:  You do realize that idiot was meant as a term of endearment, right?

But of course my friend. Both my ex-wives used it lovingly with me all the time.

;-)

Pamela Galli wrote:

I am sure there are selfless people willing to moderate

Yes, but like politicians, anybody who wants to be one should be debarred from office.

Pamela Galli wrote:

some handle Customer Support in Answers for free.

Judging by the responses to some questions there (for example, this one) whoever is supposed to be moderating is considerably more liberal than whoever is moderating GD.

I must say that I am ASTONISHED at the temerity of those who frequent Answers turning up in GD and offering criticism to those there for giving a hard time to anyone posting naive queries, in the wrong place. Physician, heal thyself - before offering your quack remedies to those who ain't sick.

LlazarusLlong wrote:

Pamela Galli wrote:

I am sure there are selfless people willing to moderate

Yes, but like politicians, anybody who wants to be one should be debarred from office.

Pamela Galli wrote:

some handle Customer Support in Answers for free.

Judging by the responses to some questions there (
) whoever is supposed to be moderating is considerably more liberal than whoever is moderating GD.

I must say that I am ASTONISHED at the temerity of those who frequent Answers turning up in GD and offering criticism to those there for giving a hard time to anyone posting naive queries, in the wrong place. Physician, heal thyself - before offering your quack remedies to those who ain't sick.

Well, well.

That certainly is interesting. Not surprising, mind you.

Anyone else hear the sound of glass domiciles shattering.

• 2 months later...

Xiola Linden wrote:

LlazarusLlong wrote:

Xiola Linden wrote:

if you feel that a mistake or misunderstanding was made, the best route is to contact support so it can be reviewed. 

How?

Via the support portal here: 

Do you realize that you can in no way file a support ticket for forum related issues via this link?

And you are the Community Manager?

You do not even understand your own platform let alone the community you are supposed to be managing.

The moderation process here still stinks! Why are moderators not providing justification for their decisions? Simply naming the category of transgression does in no way explain how a specific post or sentence or even word in a post warrants sanction. Why aren't they even answering questions sent to them asking how they have managed to interpret the CG in a certain way that has resulted in a warning or banning?

So since this thread was first started nothing has really changed at all. More to the point nothing has changed here since 2010! The incompetence still prevails. Was the word you were going to have with the moderation team something along the lines of "Make an effort to appear as though you have turned over a new leaf, for a week or two, then just go back to your normal routine of doing business. It will all blow over by then and they will forget all about it."?

Why can't LL find a professional who takes some pride out doing a good job, as opposed to just sticking any old pinhead into important customer relation positions who take pride out of being incompetent?

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3267 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.