The Forums Are Far Too Boring

Magnus Brody

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3266 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

it didnt took really long for one of the persons (harrasing) i was talking before come here and makes the demonstration of what i was saying.

SL is not only for english native ppl but it looks like the non natives doing the effort to talk another language than their own are just not welcome here as this person seems to think.

So it should work, according this person, like this : ppl with same language talk together and don't mix with other ones. 

So sad ...

So well, i have no regret to not participate to this forum.... i have better to do with my time... 

Have a good end of day !

Don't let anyone get under your skin like that..

You've got at least two languages that you know,which is more than a lot of people can claim..

That's pretty awesome..=)

Perrie Juran wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

LlazarusLlong wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Omg what was that tough girls name that got banned?She was always calling her parents The Rents? hehehe

She was a blast!

Darlene maybe? Oo

Last I heard she'd got a life.

Yes,it was a perma ban..

She scammed a pervert into buying an Elevator Pass from her. 

The pervert didn't take kindly to that.

The charge was "Impersonating a Linden."

Daria Afterthought

Daria!!!

I was close..hehehe

That was driving me crazy there for a bit..

Thank you Perrie =)

Perrie Juran wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

LlazarusLlong wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Omg what was that tough girls name that got banned?She was always calling her parents The Rents? hehehe

She was a blast!

Darlene maybe? Oo

Yes,it was a perma ban..

Daria Afterthought

LOL!!! *shakes head*

If I remember correctly, she did return on another account for a time, but that didn't last very long either.

...Dres

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

LlazarusLlong wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

She was a blast!

Darlene maybe? Oo

Yes,it was a perma ban..

Daria Afterthought

LOL!!! *shakes head*

If I remember correctly, she did return on another account for a time, but that didn't last very long either.

...Dres

Omg ,i remember that! LOL

I hated to see her go..

Didn't she post that story on a blog or something,or was it him?

I remember going to a site to read it..hehehe

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

LlazarusLlong wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

She was a blast!

Darlene maybe? Oo

Yes,it was a perma ban..

Daria Afterthought

LOL!!! *shakes head*

...Dres

Omg ,i remember that! LOL

I hated to see her go..

Didn't she post that story on a blog or something,or was it him?

I remember going to a site to read it..hehehe

http://dariasafterthoughts.blogspot.com/

There were some people who really hated her.

Could go off on a long tangent about Daria.

She was (good?) friends with Ishtara, someone else who no longer posts here.

She was a blast!

Darlene maybe? Oo

Daria!  She's still around (just not as Daria) and doesn't go near the forums.  We still hang out and she is just as funny as she ever was.

Hello all,

This thread has been a very interesting read - and I wanted to touch on a few things as well as to ask some questions about what you feel would make the forums a more interesting place for all Second Life Residents.

In regards to moderation - the moderators do their best in helping to uphold the ToS and Community Participation Guidelines, however if you feel that a mistake or misunderstanding was made, the best route is to contact support so it can be reviewed. 

One thing we'd like to do is start more threads that will allow feedback on announcements here in the forums, but it sounds like you may have some additional ideas about what you would like to see and what you think would make the forums more interesting. What other channels do you think may help contribute to the community here as well?

We appreciate your constructive feedback!

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

it didnt took really long for one of the persons (harrasing) i was talking before come here and makes the demonstration of what i was saying.

SL is not only for english native ppl but it looks like the non natives doing the effort to talk another language than their own are just not welcome here as this person seems to think.

So it should work, according this person, like this : ppl with same language talk together and don't mix with other ones. 

So sad ...

So well, i have no regret to not participate to this forum.... i have better to do with my time... 

Have a good end of day !

You've got at least two languages that you know,which is more than a lot of people can claim..

Perhaps she should first grow a skin, and then worry about people getting under it.

Xiola Linden wrote:

Hello all,

This thread has been a very interesting read - and I wanted to touch on a few things as well as to ask some questions about what you feel would make the forums a more interesting place for all Second Life Residents.

In regards to moderation - the
moderators do their best
in helping to uphold the ToS and Community Participation Guidelines, however if you feel that a mistake or misunderstanding was made, the best route is to contact support so it can be reviewed. 

One thing we'd like to do is start more threads that will allow feedback on announcements here in the forums, but it sounds like you may have some additional ideas about what you would like to see and what you think would make the forums more interesting. What other channels do you think may help contribute to the community here as well?

Really?

Why was Lasky's thread moved out of this forum and into the Tech Forum?

There is also a question about their impartiality.

Xiola Linden wrote:

1) what you think would make the forums more interesting

2) What other channels do you think may help contribute to the community here as well?

I've numbered them for readability. 

No. 1)

I think you are trying to fool us with this question.  Read again the posts above.  Many posters outside of the 10-15 everyday posters to this forum think that because of the moderation, intelligence; humor; sarcasm; irony, and wit, are forbidden.  Like I wrote, read the above posts again.  Focus on a couple of Dres's posts. 

No. 2)

Insofar as "other channels", well, that's an easy one.  Intelligent OP's, smart, humorous responses; clever people writing clever English for the purposes of entertaining other forumites. 

Imo, Xiola, and with the respect due a Linden, I think your post is fluff.

DejaHo wrote:

But I did hit the target. 

Je hersenen lijden blijkbaar gebrek aan zuurstof door je constante zoeken van spijkers op laag water .. en je verzuipt enkel in je eigen gezeik, sukkel ..

Godverdomme, wat ben ik al dat engelstalig schorum zat dat pretendeert slim te zijn en steeds maar oude koeien uit de sloot blijft halen ... :robotindifferent:

Derek Torvalar wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

So sad ...

Have a good end of day !

Perhaps she should first grow a skin, and then worry about people getting under it.

i don't need to grow a skin, i have already one, thank you for your concern.

i wans't saying ppl are getting under my skin either. 

i was just saying the reason i find this forum boring is more the childish and agressive behavior from some posters than the moderation and then, since i am entitled to, i prefer to spend my time doing other things than to hang out and contribute regularly here.

One should be fool to find smth super boring and keep staying at it instead to try something else, dont you think ?

So yeah, let's keep on the topic please : is the forum boring and why ? 

Thank you for reading it and replying, Xiola.

The one thing which I believe would make the greatest difference is simply requiring the moderators to state which section(s) of the ToS/CG a post was in violation when issuing their warnings.  Then, we'd know that at least some thought was put into the process and wasn't simply a blind reaction to a RIC.

Plus, requiring them to reply should someone object to their warning would be nice as well.  I'm not suggesting that they get into some ridiculous back and forth with every person who questions them... just a simple acknowledgement that what they've said has been, at least, read and hopefully given a bit of consideration.  And perhaps offer a bit of clarification if need be.

...Dres

TDD123 wrote:

DejaHo wrote:

But I did hit the target. 

Je hersenen lijden blijkbaar gebrek aan zuurstof door je constante zoeken van spijkers op laag water .. en je verzuipt enkel in je eigen gezeik, sukkel ..

Godverdomme, wat ben ik al dat engelstalig schorum zat dat pretendeert slim te zijn en steeds maar oude koeien uit de sloot blijft halen ... :robotindifferent:

SHOUTS:  CAN YOU WRITE THAT IN ENGLISH SO I CAN RESPOND ?  

I feel like I'm a tourist in Germany. . .

How about starting with apologizing to Void, one of the strongest and most knowledgable posters here, who carried through on her vow to leave if the moderators refused to withdraw their "warning" against her perfectly acceptable post? (Historical note:  the gratuitous banning of Celestiall Nightfire created a huge backlash which resulted in a lift of the ban.)

As I have stated in this thread, I do appreciate moderation -- but the moderation here is often capricious, and no it does NOT always reflect the guidelines.  Good moderation MUST reflect the stated guidelines, no more, no less, and without having different standards for different posters (see Dresden's warning for posting:  "Wut?"). 

Xiola Linden wrote:

Hello all,

In regards to moderation - the moderators do their best in helping to uphold the ToS and Community Participation Guidelines, however if you feel that a mistake or misunderstanding was made, the best route is to contact support so it can be reviewed. 

It all starts at recruitment, Xiola, which as is public knowledge, is something that LL has had problems with at all staffing levels. Would you consider employing full-time moderators (rather than part-timers paid on a transactional basis - you know, like parking attendants are remunerated according to how many tickets they issue) and even ensure that English is their first language and that they are literate? That would, of course, eliminate the moonlighting of most interns or probationary technical staff, inter alia, who probably believe that a semi-colon's sole purpose is to end a C statement. It would be too much to ask that you could test them for the existence of a sense of humour, I realise, but it's probably better that they don't realise the extent to which, rather than being respected members of the SL community, they are figures of fun.

As for other channels, it's pointless using Facebook, with their "real names" policy preventing avatars from having legitimate accounts, and you can't tell the real from the parody accounts in Twitter. I would suggest you stick to the channels you think you can control, and continue to stay away from the Profile Feeds.

DejaHo wrote:

TDD123 wrote:

No ;  it's not German and you're too thickheaded to understand anyway.

But not too thick headed to really enjoy a laugh.  And you just made me laugh. 

PS I know my audience, Willie. 

I think he was trying to demonstrate that it isn't only the moderators who, publicly and to their persistent self-embarrassment, tend to confuse subtle wit with naive ignorance.

(The Ho wasn't the only one laughing at you,TDD10U5.)

/me crosses his arms over his chest.

You want constructive feedback ? Ok : You'd better lock this threat right now before your superiors will tell you to.

That's the only way it can be stopped.

Until you eventually decide to ban those causing all of this ... like your predecessors have. :robotindifferent:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3266 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.