Seeing threads sorted by most recent reply, and other sort orders of one's choice

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

How do you see threads sorted by reply date, or in other orders, such as by number of responses, number of views, etc.?

It seemed to me the recent threads lists is sorted by date and time of thread creation, which is not generally what I want.

At any rate, it's possible to create urls to control sort orders for some forum software, and it might be possible for Lithium, but if so, I'm not familiar with how.

SuezanneC Baskerville wrote:

How do you see threads sorted by reply date, or in other orders, such as by number of responses, number of views, etc.?

It seemed to me the recent threads lists is sorted by date and time of thread creation, which is not generally what I want.

At any rate, it's possible to create urls to control sort orders for some forum software, and it might be possible for Lithium, but if so, I'm not familiar with how.

I had that same concern Suzanne and couldn't figure it out using torley's video tutorial.

I also IMed Bea Linden but got no response. Not their area I suppose.

I guess try the Answers is next step.

I also haven't found a setting to order the threads by the date of the last reply. I find this very important though. Some threads in Off Topic that had new replies today  are now on page two of the thread overview, whereas threads that didn't have any replies for one or two days are still on page one. That is totally confusing, imho.

As the number of threads grows, we will have to dig ever deeper into the forum history in order to find the ongoing epic social threads. It would be great if there was a setting in the preferences, or if the "latest post" headline was clickable to change the sort order.

Great... the L$ exchange spammers are back. They've started a thread in every single forum, and the mods don't seem to be around. We could easily bury the spam by replying to other threads, if only the forum wouldn't sort by thread creation date. we can hardly create three new threads in each subforum every time the spammers show up.

@Ishtara: The Settings are pretty confusing in terms of descriptions of Linear and Topics and whatever but I have a feeling that you might get what you wanted (sorting of threads with the most recently posted to at the top of the subforum list) by ticking the box saying 'Sort topics by time of most recent post' which I think is in the General section (under Display) of the Settings. That just leaves the rubbish display of "Recent Threads" rather than "Recently Updated Threads" (do Lithium KNOW how forums work?) in the top summary level where the subforums are listed.

@Cato

No Cato that doesn't achieve the desired effect. I believe that is only for seeing the Threads within theTopic mode. 

There doesn't seem to be a way, when you are looking at the Forum>>>Second Life page to see which Threads were posted to most recently. It lists Threads by most recent creation and not by most recently posted to.

Unless I am missing a setting somewhere.

No you can't change the way the summary page is set up. I have just been over to the Lithium Support Forums (the ones we were kicked out of, remember) and their own forum has the same format - probably appropriate i circumstances where the usage is about 1% of the throughput here! Again, the setup is more appropriate to a blogging encironment than a forum one like Jive!

SuezanneC Baskerville wrote:

Maybe they will add that function, which I also want to use. One thing I did notice, though. I posted a thread in the Feedback forum about being stuck seeing only the OP and a list of respondants when I click on a Topic. Now, that problem has disappeared. Now when I click on a thread I get all the posts showing, though in Linear, not Threaded. Sounds like somebody is paying attention.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.