Help me, please!

Anastacia Azalee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4791 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi, I have a problem.  

I exported my linden dollars, but your people have contacted me saying that as a matter of risk check of my avatar, I can not export them.

What did my avatar's not suitable to do this? Why can not I export my Linden dollars?

Some of you reply thank you.
Sincerely,  

Anastacia Azalee

3 answers to this question

First, in order to export $L via this website, you need to have payment information on file.  And also, as previously mentioned, there are only a few sites that you can legally use to cash out Lindens - basically, LL has to approve them.

Assuming that you're PIOF and using a legitimate LL currency market:

LL has software that monitors $L transactions and stops them if they look like they might be related to RL criminal activity (money laundering).  The name for this software is the "Risk API". 

Sometimes perfectly legal transactions will be caught too.  The Risk API watches for stuff like this:

> if you are cashing out a very large amount and have never done that before.  So, try cashing out a small amount and build up slowly. 

> if a number of avatars bought Lindens, gave them to you directly (not because you sold them something), and you very soon try to cash out.  This can happen with charities, for example.  The only way I've ever known this sort of thing to be straightened out is to contact LL directly by filing a support ticket and, eventually, talking to someone on the phone.

> if you appear to be running a gambling game or ad-hoc "bank".  Both these activities are banned, and you may find it difficult to take out Lindens.

Hope this helps!

Sometimes the Risk API message is just a temporary thing. You don`t say which Exchange you are trying to use, but this is what VirWox says about it:

Why is my Linden dollar deposit denied by the Risk API?

Linden Lab does not tell us (or anybody), why their Risk API passes or denies payment. They just say it is dynamic and has several variables. It helps that a resident has a Second Life account with 30 days or more with payment information on file.

In our experience, this is sometimes just a temporary problem which disappears in a few hours.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4791 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.