"I'm not a smart man, but I know what Love is Jenny."

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Love is, for me atleast, when you dedicated yourself to a single person, give them your undivided attention. It is when this person is like the world to you, and if you were to lose said person, you would die. I would go on but it is late and I have found I tend to repeat myself when Im trying to say something serious.

Clonefighter wrote:

Love is, for me atleast, when you dedicated yourself to a single person, give them your undivided attention. It is when this person is like the world to you, and if you were to lose said person, you would die. I would go on but it is late and I have found I tend to repeat myself when Im trying to say something serious.

Sounds like my last dog.

According to the bible: Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. I, however, have no religious beliefs so I will go with Howard Thurman on this one: "Love has no awareness of merit or demerit; it has no scale... Love loves; this is its nature." For the more cynical I would go with The J. Geils Band's 1980 song "Love Stinks"

According to the novel Even Cowgirls Get the Blues, Albert Camus believed that the only serious question was was whether to kill yourself or not. But for the author of the Blues, the only only serious question was how to make love stay. 

If want love to stay, get a dog. If you want to be betrayed, driven half mad, and heart broken, get a spouse.

Randall Ahren wrote:

According to the novel
Even Cowgirls Get the Blues
, Albert Camus believed that the only serious question was was whether to kill yourself or not. But for the author of the
Blues
, the only only serious question was how to make love stay. 

If want love to stay, get a dog. If you want to be betrayed, driven half mad, and heart broken, get a spouse.

You're going to feel just as crappy when the dog dies. It's easier to get a new dog than a new spouse though.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.