Is there any academic events? how can I search them?

Kinson Shilling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4794 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

You can try using "discussion" and "culture" on the events list on the viewer, but that can be laggy and cluttery.

One thing I've been doing is typing "university" and "college" into the search/places list. Then I find various universities that have interesting builds, sometimes public lectures etc.

One thing I've been a bit disappointed with in SL is that for all the talk of open university this and free university that, in fact, they are not open to avatars in the general public, they are only open to their RL students matriculated in real life --, with very few exceptions. I can count on one hand the number of free and open university lectures I've actually attended in SL even trying to follow this.

SLED is one thing to watch, but that's a mailing list where a lot of the time the members are just complaining about how they can't copy everything full perms in Second Life due to the permissions system and copy it free to Open Sim. So I'm sorry, I can't suppor that perspective. That's actually only a few very radical and persistent educators with an agenda, but it tends to fil up the room.

If you would like to go an intelligent lecture and discussion organized by a university professor, although not exactly "a course," look up the group Metanomics inworld and go to their events, they have good speakers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4794 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.