Sign in to follow this  
Owynn

TOS as it regards Violence towards Child Avatars...

So a few years ago someone pointed me to a statement that not only included that Ageplay (sex with a child avatar/character) was prohibited, but also that VIOLENCE was prohbitied. It stated a child avatar could not participate in a violent scene and could not be subjected to torture, gore, etc. I have been trying to find this in the rules again to point it out to someone who is playing a child in a dark fantasy and combat sim. I don't want anyone to be in trouble for not knowing about this rule. Was it changed? Where is it? I know the rules on ageplay, but the sim owner and I would like something concrete on this matter.

I don't see it anymore in the TOS or Community Standards.  A child avatar that is an adult in RL is only prohibited from participating in or being around sex.

That said, the sim owner is free to make any rule they want and enforce it.  They have total control on what goes on in their sim as long as it is not violating the TOS or Community Standards.  Being more strict than these is allowed.  A sim owner can eject and ban anyone for any reason and not even have to tell the person why.  However, in fairness, the rule should be posted, given in a notecard or put in the covenant.

Could you be thinking of the Maturity Ratings as they apply to Real Life Minors (under 18 years old)?  RL Minors are restricted to "General SIMs." 

"A region designated General is not allowed to advertise or make available content or activity that is....violent...."    LINK

So RL Minors can not engage in such activities in SL.

However, I can not recall there ever being any prohibition against violent roleplay involving Child Ava's, though we have had a few heated discussions in the Forum about the 'ethics' of this type of roleplay.

There is nothing in the TOS that would stop you being violent to a consenting PixelKid as long as you stay a long way away from any hint of something sexual. Of course, doing such things to anyone who doesn't consent would breach harrasment.

But that said: There are many in the community who will do everything they can to stop you hurting PixelKids, including false reports. Even (especially?) if those false reports get the PixelKids executed by the Lindens.

The Lindens are very much zero tolerance on sexual activities and PixelKids, so much so they often don't even bother investigating the facts, just execute the particpants and close the false AR without thinking or even trying.

I think there's a case for violence towards child avatars to be compulsory.

If they stray into grown up areas, that is.

Do you think that we could get the TOS changed so that it was mandatory?

LlazarusLlong wrote:

Nothing in the TOS stopping PixelKids being in adult sims, so no.

Leave it to the sim owner to use a banorb to eject people under 8' tall.

TakumiAigan wrote:

LlazarusLlong wrote:

Nothing in the TOS stopping PixelKids being in adult sims, so no.

Leave it to the sim owner to use a banorb to eject people under 8' tall.

Are you serious?

Ok, have fun ejecting more than half of SL....like everyone who isn't a freaking giant.