Account blocked for not providing required W9 form - HELP

Winter Lazuli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3350 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

truth be told I don't often check my email account linked to me SL main account (where I have my store etc). Anyways I was in the middle of building today - when All of a sudden I got logged out. - Apparently my account was BLOCKED for not providing the required documents and identification required by Linden lab as per an email sent by them. Anyways - after scrolling through the multitude (2,000 +) of emails I'm sure many merchants here are familiar with, I found the Email that the secondlife employee was speaking about whilst on the phone with him. Anyhoo - I've filled out the document and sent, as well as the copy of my drivers liscence requested. My question is this - Has anyone else here encountered this? (account blocked) and alos how long did it take to be resolved? Will I still recieve proceeds from my sales inworld and on marketplace? I'm very worried about this as I have been working on my store for about 2 years now. Please if anyone else has encountered this please let me know how you/secondlife resolved it. Thanks!

US law requires LL to have these forms, so it's standard procedure when LL needs and asks for the forms and doesn't get them to suspend your account.  It got your attention and you resolved the problem quickly.  It's effective. 

There is nothing to worry about now that you filed them.  You will be able to cash out as you normally do.  If you get paid more than $600US in a years time you will get a tax form to file with your taxes next year.  Nothing new here other than the form as you have alway been required by law to report your SL income.  Whether you have to pay taxes on it depends on what deductions you have.

Correct. However - I cannot cash out, as I cannot do anything with that account. I cannot log in, I cannot access my messages or notices, I cannot pay my land fees, I cannot even access my marketplace on that account. My question was really in trying to figure out how long this would take - as not being able to log into my account is very frustrating especially since I have so many assets attached to it.Will I be blocked for a few days? a week? a few months? this is really worrying me and I don't want to lose my inworld land, or miss out on customers needing help etc.

An update to my earlier story - the very next day at 5:08pm my account was unblocked when Linden lab recieved the proper identification and forms to be filled out. So I am very glad to say that at least on this matter they have proven to be quite quick in doing so. I understand the need to block the account as they had sent me emails that I didn't see as I dont check that email often. (Like many people). Just wish there was a way for Linden labs to put a notice on our dashboard etc to let us know please check out email! Thanks again to you for replying to my question, everything seems to be square and clear now ^^

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3350 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.