Second life Download Problem

trademark25

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3095 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hey, Im new to this whole second life thing. I thought i would give it a try for the heck of it. The porblem im having is when i download it gets to a pop up box saying "detecting hardware" at this point it does nothing but seems to freeze. Ive restarted my cpu several times but no change?

I was looking at the system requirments and im wondering if that may be my problem. Im running Windows 7 64 bit, I saw that it requires the lower resolution of 32bit So is that why its failing for me? any thoughts?

Other then all that my laptop Is as follows. Ive had no problem with any higher graphic games/videos so i figured i would have not to much of a problem with second life.

HP Custom Pavilion dv6

Windows 7 64bit

Intel core i5

6 gb RAM

Switchable Graphic card    Intel HD Graphics  or ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470

So are my system requirements not good enough for this or is it something else? any thoughts are apreciated thanks:)

6 answers to this question

The System Requirements is incorrect. Second Life runs just fine on Windows 7 64-bit. We've been asking Linden Lab to correct the System Requirements page for many months as that OS is fully supported.

Make sure your computer is switched to the ATI card when starting SL as it may very well not run on the integrated graphics and not load when that is what the program is detecting.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3095 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.