Any group tag I try and activate won't work, even groups I created. Help!

AirekSlayton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1752 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've been a member of SL for over a year and am familiar with groups, but for some reason for the past couple of days I can't seem to activate any group tag, even for groups I've created.

Is there something up with SL or even Firestorm? I need certain group tags for certain activities (of course) but for now i'm just stuck on the sidelines...

6 answers to this question

AirekSlayton wrote:

I've been a member of SL for over a year and am familiar with groups, but for some reason for the past couple of days I can't seem to activate any group tag, even for groups I've created.

Is there something up with SL or even Firestorm? I need certain group tags for certain activities (of course) but for now i'm just stuck on the sidelines...

Do you have the display of group tags turned off? It's a setting in Preferences.

• Like 1

I thinh the first question is, is a member tag working and not visible or is really broke?

We all think we have done things and have our settings as they should be. But, the key troubleshooting step is always to look at the connection between the chair and keyboard. In my case it is ALWAYS the chair... :D And I have this really nice bridge for sale...

You likely have a region in which you can only enter or build if you are wearing the right group tag. Try a couple of places with those restrictions and see if you can do a group only thing. If the tag really isn't working, file a trouble ticket. Include the results in the trouble ticket you file.

To anyone still trying to find out why this is happening... 

Just now I had the same issue and I couldn't work out why I couldn't activate or deactivate any of my groups.

What had happened was, someone had turned my RLV collar to "groups" so anyone in the same group as me can take control of me. I didn't realise it also stops yourself from changing groups. 

So there we go. 

• Thanks 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1752 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.