Viewing my face.

Charolotte Caxton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4761 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi. I am in the newest Viewer 2.x.y, if I hit escape, my camera defaults to hovering behind and above me. Is here a quick 'default' type button or setting that would let me quickly and efficiently see me from the front? Currently I have to click View, Preset View (eyeball graphic), then Front View. To quickly change from any view to Rear View, all I have to do is hit escape. I am hoping there's the same thing for the front view, thanks.

9 answers to this question

I prefer to use the press hold Alt-point click- Ctlr- mouse scroll method also, I think it's better than the camera controls.

There is this reset to default feature that I have to constantly battle. Everytime I camera to a new area that default feature tries to rotate my camera. If it would at least rotate it to any right angle I would be ok with it but no, it doesn't.

Alt + mouse is your friend.  As you experiment and get used to using it, try holding down the CTRL or Shift keys as well as the Alt key while you move your mouse.  You will be able to pan as well as rotate your view.  Add the mouse wheel for zoom and you can see anywhere, from any angle you want.  Not only that, but you'll be able to get rid of some ugly screen clutter by closing the camera control window forever.  :smileywink:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4761 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.