Outfits that warm the heart (and other bits)

Finora Kuncoro

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4790 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Grrr just when I was hoping spring was around the corner, nature decides to drop 3" of lake effect snow on me today.

So I was feeling sorry for myself and got out my favourite snuggly woolen winter outfit in SL.  It is Woolstrapped by League.  I love the frayed design, as though I have worn it for ages and ages (which is true). 

If you have a favourite winter outfit please post here.  Or alternatively if you are sick of winter post a piccy of your spring outfit in the new thread I saw someone has created :)

snow_003a.jpg

And a widescreen picture with my friend Frosty...

snow_001a.jpg

Knowl Paine wrote:

Spring around the corner? Didn't you see the movie Groundhog Day? Winter is never going to end!

(and other bits) What other bits? Did you mean bytes? :smileywink:

Whatever bits (or bytes) you feel should be approriately covered :)  One does not want anything important being frost bitten or turning blue.

Loren, looking at your sweater picture gave me a wonderful flashback to many years ago.  I can see my son unwrapping it on Christmas morning then squealing "Mum nooo" as I pulled the sweater over his head in a vain attempt to get him to try it on :)

Thanks for sharing

Finora Kuncoro wrote:

Argus, that is wonderfully festive.  The slippers brought a happy smile on my face. 

I'd be somewhat scared of a hot bulb in the wrong spot or the ever present danger of electrocuting myself but hey, one must take risks in the name of fashion
:)

I love this mashup at Christmas .. the bulbs are all LED so they don't get so hot:smileywink:

This is what I usually wear during the winter months, or in winter-themed sims:

Overdressed.jpg

first snow.jpg

Edited to add: Most of the outfit is from DeLa (jacket "Rosa" and sweaters / stockings / legwarmers "Lita"). The suede boots are from LightStar, the hair with the cap is Kin's "holiday hair" (for the bottom image, I unliked the cap and wore it on top of a Truth hairstyle), and the scarf is from Action.

ok Ishtara, now I am officially jealous.  Every recent picture of you has this radiant glow about it.  I hope you can share some tips on what viewer setting can help achieve this look. (of course having such a delicious AV helps too).

I'd love to know the shops for the furry jacket and the wool knit dresses too.

The bobble hat just makes the whole outfit. 

Finora Kuncoro wrote:

ok Ishtara, now I am officially jealous.  Every recent picture of you has this radiant glow about it.  I hope you can share some tips on what viewer setting can help achieve this look. (of course having such a delicious AV helps too).

I've just added the store and product names to my fist post :) I had to go inworld and check first. Most of the outfit is from DeLa (jacket "Rosa" and sweaters / stockings / legwarmers "Lita"). The suede boots are from LightStar, the hair with the hat is Kin's "holiday hair" (for the bottom image, I unliked the hat and wore it on top of a Truth hairstyle), and the scarf is from Action.

As for the radiant look, that's just a Photoshop effect. I duplicate the original layer two times, then treat the background layer with Gaussian blur (set to 2-3), set the second layer to "multiply" and reduce the opacity to 70%, and the top layer is set to "screen" (or negative multiply, in some PS versions) at 60% opacity. Finally, I sharpen the two top layers with unsharp mask at 100-150%. That gives extremely crisp contours, and at the same time a radiant soft-focus effect. It adds to the effect if you increase the color saturation a little bit.

**Only uploaded images may be used in postings**://farm3.static.flickr.com/2454/4103495027_6255161760_z.jpg" border="0" />

Old picture from 2009, but it's still one of my best mashups, I think. Credits here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27764102@N02/4103495027/

Oh, 2009 was a good year for me.

**Only uploaded images may be used in postings**://farm3.static.flickr.com/2587/4042792336_1548f59938.jpg" border="0" />

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27764102@N02/4042792336/

**Only uploaded images may be used in postings**://farm3.static.flickr.com/2462/4037481315_8c52732ce4.jpg" border="0" />

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27764102@N02/4037481315/

Marianne Little wrote:

Anyone knows why I can't post images from Flickr here?

I guess LL disabled content from other websites for security reasons. You can use the "insert image" function, click "browse" and enter the Flickr URL there. That will upload the image to your forum profile and allow you to post it. But it will also count towards your 100 picture limit :(

Ishtara wrote:

Marianne Little wrote:

Anyone knows why I can't post images from Flickr here?

I guess LL disabled content from other websites for security reasons. You can use the "insert image" function, click "browse" and enter the Flickr URL there. That will upload the image to your forum profile and allow you to post it. But it will also count towards your 100 picture limit
:(

Aw. But.......... I will fill up 100 pictures in no time. :smileymad: Well, another good reason to let this forum die slowly.

Valerie, the contrast of the uber fluffy hat and cuffs with what appears to be a fairly risque top, just makes that picture.  The ice covered branches for a background are perfect.

I'd love to see more details about your skirt (or are they pants) ?  Either way the decorative detailing on the front is superb.

I hope you didn't get too cold taking it :)

Ishtara wrote:

Finora Kuncoro wrote:

I've just added the store and product names to my fist post
:)
I had to go inworld and check first. Most of the outfit is from DeLa (jacket "Rosa" and sweaters / stockings / legwarmers "Lita"). The suede boots are from LightStar, the hair with the hat is Kin's "holiday hair" (for the bottom image, I unliked the hat and wore it on top of a Truth hairstyle), and the scarf is from Action.

As for the radiant look, that's just a Photoshop effect. I duplicate the original layer two times, then treat the background layer with Gaussian blur (set to 2-3), set the second layer to "multiply" and reduce the opacity to 70%, and the top layer is set to "screen" (or negative multiply, in some PS versions) at 60% opacity. Finally, I sharpen the two top layers with unsharp mask at 100-150%. That gives extremely crisp contours, and at the same time a radiant soft-focus effect. It adds to the effect if you increase the color saturation a little bit.

Thank you very much for sharing.  I'll try out your photo tips to see if I too can look radiant.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4790 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.