Question: Transfer script &Objects

Kennethh Yamdev

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3360 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey quick question :)

Is it possible to have a script transfer scripts and objects from one object to another

Example:

Object A has 5 Objects and 2 Scripts in its inventory.

Object B has nothing..

---

hmm, I guess that depends on why I am doing this huh? I am selling a product that would require updates, or atleast if someone buys product 1 and then product 2 they would be able to combine the two products to continue on with the updates.....

I dont know if this makes sense. Im still thinking it out. LOL

You can always use llGiveInventory to transfer items from one object toi another, as long as the two objects are in the same region.  The easiest thing to do, then, is to expect people to return to an update kiosk on your region, click it to give a recognition signal, and claim their updates.  That's the way a lot of merchants do it.  A scripted object can also send items to an avatar, in which case they do not need to be in the same region.  The limitation in either case -- gifts to avatars or objects -- is that scripts reach their destination disabled (not running, and cannot be made to run unless the destination object is taken to inventory and rezzed again, or the script is recompiled). To send a running script to a prim use llSetRemoteScriptAccessPin and llRemoteLoadScriptPin.

You might want to look at this example, from the old, old forums:  Localized Update System utilizing llRemoteLoadScriptPin (Object Update System) by Darien Caldwell.     It's for an update server that sits in your store (a good way to get customers to return to your store and see the latest products while they're there to update whatever it is).

There's a few things you might want to change -- I would use llRegionSayTo where possible, if using the script now (that function wasn't available back in 2007, when Dari wrote the example).     It's certainly tried and tested, and very robust.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3360 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.