nothing loads - only shows blue after logged in

Opeo Bluebird

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

after log in SL (tried viewer 2 and phoenix -- 2 different coms) nothing loads. no sim, no avatars, no friendlist, no chat, etc. just a blue screen like under water. i've tried logging like 50 times and it wont change. this doesnt happen on my other accounts just this my main

edit:  yes it does say the name and 10,10,10 coords

3 answers to this question

QUOTE: edit:  yes it does say the name and 10,10,10 coords

Ugg...I have had that too, when my desktop was broken and i had to use my crappy lappy. The lappy has a really bad graphics card so I assumed it was that but I have since seen other people report the same thing and their computers are fine & their alts are ok, like this one: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-23545

There was also another sufferer on the old forum before it closed and that thread seems to have vanished, with all the things he tried. :(

I would suggest a complete reinstall, especially if you now have more than one viewer on your computer. Clear out every trace of SL from your HD and start fresh. I found if I kept logging in on different viewers I would get in like 1 out of 20 tries and then my avvie wouldn`t load and all the graphics were messed up.

I did eventually manage to get in on a really old basic viewer http://sourceforge.net/projects/realxtendviewer/  but there must be some underlying cause for this problem. I used Phoenix, so its not specific to viewer 2.

As it has been mentioned in the answers so far that it happened when several viewers are being sued I think it would be best to create different cache locations for the different viewers. This is always a very good idea to do and usually problems decrease dramatically after doing so. Also creating a special cache folder helps instead of using the default cache location on the HD. At least, it helepd me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.