how do i create a Facebook account with my avatar SL name?

Alexi Python

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4797 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello!

I used to be able to create an account on Facebook for an SL avatar using their SL name but today when i tried to create one for myself i got an error:

"Our automated system will not approve this name. If you believe this is an error, please contact us."

Anyone knows why? and how or if it is still possible to create Facebook Accounts for SL avatars? i think it's a shame that FB decided to do this tho..considering the amount of totally freeeeeeee advertisement Linden Labs is providing for them thru the "Facebook integration" in the Viewer 2.

Thanks.

P.S. : FB help center didn't specified a reason why my name got rejected by their system so....i tried asking on their end...

ETA: Nvmnd....i just stumbled upon a blog...pff ..see for yourself ( and i sooo wish some of the Lindens would see this too  and start looking for another social network besides facebook that will allow avatar accounts ):

http://danielvoyagerblog.wordpress.com/2010/01/12/facebook-now-removing-sl-fb-accounts/

7 answers to this question

I thought Facebook was always supposed to be for RL identities only, which is why I never really understood SL trying to be connected to it, since is SL is based on fantasy identities..

I don`t many people that want their SL name publically connected to their RL identity but I guess there must be some.

remember when MySpace was the latest greatest internet social network craze not sure it's quite as popular as it used to be but you could use that for your av or there are a few social networks for especially for avi's www.linkedprim.com springs to mind as i've used it
they could be good alternatives to Facebook if FB aren't allowing non RL accounts 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4797 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.