Best Clubs in Second Life and why

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1277 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Many residents enjoy listening to music...be it by a live artist or spun by a DJ.  What are a couple of your favorite venues to hear music and why?

It is no secret to those who have read the forum that I am a DJ.  I have worked in several clubs, many which, sadly, are no longer.  The club I have worked at the longest (3 years) is Ambrosia Dance Club.  It is open 24/7 with DJs from around the world.  The music is diverse as are the patrons.  While it is on an M-rated sim, the dancers do not strip.  The club opened over four years ago and is still going strong.

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Ambrosia%20Dance%20Club/196/121/686

Where do you like to go and why?

Ok I have a couple of places I like to go to..One I am slightly biased towards cos I host there and that is Industrial Dreamz. Another club I like is Club E-Toxic.

There are other places I would go if the lag didn't kill me and that is Beachwood and Gol Element 8 (I think thats its current number)

Club Industry has always been a good club too

As I only like old music I go to vintage clubs and run one myself. Places such as fantastic Flashmans in Esoterica and The Vault. But most of the time I hang around in my own club 'Der Keller'. It is small, dirty, old, damp and smelly but has some superb 1920s music on stream without any advertisements. Happy Hour every day at 2 pm slt, vintage dances in the system, only people in 1920s clothing. The bees knees.

I've always liked Muddy's Cafe and had met some good people over the past year since it was re-opened. The place is RedZone free (I checked.. :smileywink: ) and Crazyhorse Nirvana and Kenneth Celestialis were one of the best DJs I've heard so far. I must admit I haven't been frequenting clubs nowadays and I'm not sure if those two DJs are still active.

I did for the past two weeks had been going in and out of Ambrosia for a short time period (they have good shopping venues) and at one point decided to turn on my media and sound. I can't remember the performing DJ's full name, I think his name started with 'Blk ..  He had some pretty good set of tunes. Been trying to catch him since but no luck so far.

• Like 1

Willow Danube wrote:

I did for the past two weeks had been going in and out of Ambrosia for a short time period (they have good shopping venues) and at one point decided to turn on my media and sound. I can't remember the performing DJ's full name, I think his name started with 'Blk ..  He had some pretty good set of tunes. Been trying to catch him since but no luck so far.

That would be DJ BLKbeard and it looks like his next gig at Ambrosia will be on Tuesday, 8 March.  Here is the URL for the website calendar.  It is always kept current.

http://ambrosiadanceclub.com/calendar/

I think it depends too on what kind of club environment you like, some don't feel like they are in a club without the "hoo" gesture spam, which is something I'm not into.

I don't go to any club but my own really unless a DJ friend is working, or a singer friend - Then I go to show support.  I have been to other clubs but not really enjoyed them due to lag and spam, although very occasionally I hear a DJ and think wow.

I have been to Ambrosia and thought it was ok.  I have been to Dance Island but didn't like it.  Different people want different things from a club.  I like a chilled out environment where the music is good and the people can construct a sentence that is not generated by a gesture trigger.

Now I'm factoring in avoiding places that have dubious security practices, of course.

deety Galicia wrote:

I'm too scared to open up music anywhere due to the portable redzone hud.

Why not try the excellent third party viewer Dolphin, which is in the third party viewer directory, and which has the new media filter patch in both its SnowGlobe and Viewer 2.n versions?   The patch will shortly be adopted by Phonenix and FireStorm, too, and I understand it is likely to be adopted in the official viewer very shortly.

The way this patch works, it tells you when a parcel wants to send a URL to your viewer, tells you what the URL is,  and asks you what to do about it.    If it's what you were expecting, you can allow it.   If it's one you don't want to go to because you fear that there's something unpleasant at the other end,  you can decline and go elsewhere.

Alternatively, Boy Lane provides some simple instructions about how to protect your computer from attempts to spy on it by following a few easy steps with a text editor.

Dilbert Dilweg wrote:

Dont ever listen to any music again

My issue of not listening to SL streaming musics has never been because of RZ or them storing my data. Heck, I've been a regular bit torent leecher as far as I can remember where I could see everyone's  IPs in it. My issue has more to do with my discerning taste of music. There is only so much I can take with rock music and I don't particularly like a screaming man with a loud noise as a backup or any house music. Since they closed the Motown themed club that I used to tp in and listen, I have not been frequenting any other clubs except maybe Junkyard Blues (in different alts).

So, I made it a point that I will always have my media and sound off when I TP'd into a club; find out who the DJ was at that time, if I knew that DJ and wasn't particularly a fan, I will keep my world quiet. If I have listened to the DJ before and liked the tunes, I will turn the volume up. Some sims has both media and streaming sound running at the same time so I don't normally turn on my media except in a live event (like Music Island) where the performers sometimes will perform live by video.

I do not go to clubs usually. Gestures play a big role in the reson of 'why' as well as a often very disappointing selection of music being played. There is however one place that I go to since I discovered music-events on SL a few years ago: FRACTURE It is however only active during their events three times a week and not 24/7 (however the Fracture-Radio stream plays all the time). The usual crowd of people attending the events is always great fun and very interesting to chat with.

Cummere Mayo wrote:

@kerrigann read up here:

and here:

Hi cummere, Thanks for your reply, but I wasn't sure what the first link has to do with redzones...perhaps I missed it somewhere in the article. The second one was a dead link:

Blog not found

Sorry, the blog you were looking for does not exist. However, the name no2redzone is available to register!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1277 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.