Signatures -- How did you pick yours and what does it say about you? Discuss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4781 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've heard enough online about which interests and pursuits of mine make it impossible for me to be a woman that it has become cliche and predictable to hear from people. Like something that doesn't even require originality or dynamic thought anymore.

I happened to be watching the Twilight Zone episode where an entire plant full of people were replaced by robots by the pocketwatch swinging owner for efficiency increases, until finally the owner himself was replaced by a robot that swung its own watch, and my signature sort of formed itself.

Anyway, I got laughing about the concept of it and couldn't stop, and so there it is. :womanhappy:

I picked mine on the My Settings > Preferences > Preference Options page, where I unchecked "View signatures in posts."  That's partly because too many of them are either advertising or self-indulgences, partly becasue it's annoying seeing the same thing repeated multiple times, but mostly because 100% of all signatures disrupt reading the forum posts -- which, after all, is the reason for being here. 

Imagine, for a moment, going to a party or an office meeting where everytime someone made a remark, they finished their statement with a personal signature.

I loved the truth behind this quote from Helen Keller.  It makes me think how when you start to develop feelings in your heart for someone they become more beautiful in your eyes.  So upon pondering this statement by Helen, and my own observation I imagine how much more amplified your heart feelings would be if you cannot see the person you've come to love.  

Cheesy?  Maybe.  But I enjoy cheese.

Lillie Woodells wrote:

I loved the truth behind this quote from Helen Keller.  It makes me think how when you start to develop feelings in your heart for someone they become more beautiful in your eyes.  So upon pondering this statement by Helen, and my own observation I imagine how much more amplified your heart feelings would be if you cannot see the person you've come to love.  

Cheesy?  Maybe.  But I enjoy cheese.

That's a great quote, Lillie.  I recall seeing one when a favorite aunt of mine was very ill and close to death, also from Helen Keller:

Keep your fact to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4781 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.